15k to spend (405)
  • Register
  • Help

Icon11 15k to spend (405)

ok iam still looking for a 405 mi16 s2 having some trouble finding one that i can go and look at (in nsw). not to keen on buying from sydney (type of driving they get).

any ways.. going to have 15k to buy the car, and do some work to it, i like the idea of quad throttle bodies but dont know any rough price for a complete set up,

these are things i like the idea of quad throttle bodies, new exhaust (w/extractors ?), new front, new wheels maybe lowered. these are my to do list, of which i think i might be able to afford one or 2 of them.

mybe in a couple years when my apprentice wage gets better i might turbo it $$$ but that would be after 2 more years.

Advertisement

any way what do you think throttle bodies would cost for a complete set up,ive heard 1200 for for the inlet? still need injectors, what about new ecu ?

cheers people.
    "Best Signature Ever Inserted Here"

There's a thread in this forum about a 405 track car, which goes over which mods in which order.

Pug track car

Aside from that, i strongly suggest you don't go for individual throttle-bodies straight up, as they are expensive and don't do much until you start pushing the envelope a LOT harder.

First thing would be cams by PeterT (loadsago), baffled sump (PeterT...), quaife diff. Then you'd go to a new ECU, more compression, big realigned valves, and then ITB's.

It would be a cracking car after all of that... :p
    1987 205 GTI - Graphite Grey - 206k km's
    1988 MR2 Supercharger - Mica Blue - 114k km's

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Tiop
    ok iam still looking for a 405 mi16 s2 having some trouble finding one that i can go and look at (in nsw). not to keen on buying from sydney (type of driving they get).

any ways.. going to have 15k to buy the car, and do some work to it, i like the idea of quad throttle bodies but dont know any rough price for a complete set up,

these are things i like the idea of quad throttle bodies, new exhaust (w/extractors ?), new front, new wheels maybe lowered. these are my to do list, of which i think i might be able to afford one or 2 of them.

mybe in a couple years when my apprentice wage gets better i might turbo it $$$ but that would be after 2 more years.

any way what do you think throttle bodies would cost for a complete set up,ive heard 1200 for for the inlet? still need injectors, what about new ecu ?

cheers people.

Auto paris sell a set of Quad Throttle Bodies with everything inc fitting for around $6000. Lots of money but then it has an airbox, injectors, ECU etc.

If you're after a country driven Mi16 maybe check out the NSW Peugeot club, put something in their wanted section of the mag. Otherwise investigate going interstate. There should eb some good examples in Sydney but i can understand wanting to get a good one as a bad one can cost big. Keep in mind clyinder heads and major motor probs should be non-existent in a series 2 if looked after reasonably.

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    Keep in mind clyinder heads and major motor probs should be non-existent in a series 2 if looked after reasonably.
    I bought a wrecked 2L Mi16 that had done only 150000Km. The engine was completely stuffed due to lack of oil changes.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    I bought a wrecked 2L Mi16 that had done only 150000Km. The engine was completely stuffed due to lack of oil changes.

Yeah it certainly still needs to be looked after

Dave

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

so the sump is still 'required for a series2' so that is right up there.

next would be the cam that would be a reasonable performance upgrade,

what is the standard exhaust like ? extractor ?

maybe some new rotors, probally unnessicary for a mostly street car.

where can i get an LSD for this car, is it important if it 'might get driven hard' ?

Probally spend some money on some nice wheels, (hopefully still alloy). I know it wont make it faster

would you buy the ecu to go with the increased compression, bigger valves, and throttle bodies ?

a company called quaife engineering makes an lsd for the 205 gti so that would be a good place to start to look for one for an mi 16.-BAZZ

al

Quad throttle bodied Mi's are pretty common in the Uk. Probably worth getting onto the PGAC or 205 drivers forum and asking some questions there. I know that there is a AFer in Melbourne with has quads on his Mi, but i seem to remember he had spent some serious money on engine work and an aftermarket ECU to go with it.

The 2L Mi16 already has a baffled sump.

The key to 2L performance is decking the block 1.00mm, not the head.

I may have a set of TB's and a manifold for sale soon. I have two sets and only need one.

The exhaust, even though it has a cast iron manifold, in an excellent 4-2-1 design. The downpipe is 2.5" compared to 2.25" on the 1.9L.

You don't need to change the ECU unless you fit wild cams. It's MAP sensing rather than air flow meter.

I wouldn't spend money on big valves unless you break a belt, bend valves, etc. Just change the inlet cam.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

al

Can you buy baffled sumps commercially, or do you have to get them custom made? Are there any disadvantages associated with them for road use? (i can't see why there would be but i would rather find out now...)

I sell XU9* baffled sumps for $150 exchange. There a straight copy of the XU10 sump. An decent engineering place would be able to do the same.

As they're std. on XU10 engines, Peugeot must have thought there was room for improvement in oil control.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

al

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    I sell XU9* baffled sumps for $150 exchange. There a straight copy of the XU10 sump. An decent engineering place would be able to do the same.

As they're std. on XU10 engines, Peugeot must have thought there was room for improvement in oil control.
    The fact that they were made standard on the s2s would indicate that i guess. I just read through this properly so sorry about asking questions already answered.

Peter, I hear you do some cam regrinds as well? I had planned to build a seperate car for some track bashing, but i took the Mi for a burn the other day and it would be stupid to use anything else as this is so good already...

It seems as though it wouldn't be a wise move to use the Mi on a track without a baffled sump, so i will look further into this soon. Since you are familiar with the Mi it may be best to go with you on the sump, but i'll see what is available locally.

Thanks

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by al_
    The fact that they were made standard on the s2s would indicate that i guess. I just read through this properly so sorry about asking questions already answered.

Peter, I hear you do some cam regrinds as well? I had planned to build a seperate car for some track bashing, but i took the Mi for a burn the other day and it would be stupid to use anything else as this is so good already...

It seems as though it wouldn't be a wise move to use the Mi on a track without a baffled sump, so i will look further into this soon. Since you are familiar with the Mi it may be best to go with you on the sump, but i'll see what is available locally.

Thanks
    I can vouch for one of Peter's Cams as my Mi certainly had more response in the upper revs range. The good thing about it too was that I didn't lose any noticeable power down low and I could still use it as a daily driver.

cheers
    Dave

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

ok thanks people.

Thread Information