pod filter placement in 250gti
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default pod filter placement in 250gti

Im going to put a pod on my 205, only because my stock intake sys is shagged & will probably fall off soon (the barrell holding the filter is hanging by a thread ), im not expecting anything performance wise, so please no need to tell me this ok (cause i know someone will)

I've got a pod filter of a mate for free & thought i may as well use the thing.

Just want to know where you guys reckon the best position for the filter would be? This pic attached has more or less what i thought would be a good position, what do you think? Where will the most amount of cold air come in (if at all)

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
    I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord"-Phil collins

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pod filter placement in 250gti-henrikb205gti_9.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    Im going to put a pod on my 205, only because my stock intake sys is shagged & will probably fall off soon (the barrell holding the filter is hanging by a thread ), im not expecting anything performance wise, so please no need to tell me this ok (cause i know someone will)

I've got a pod filter of a mate for free & thought i may as well use the thing.

Just want to know where you guys reckon the best position for the filter would be? This pic attached has more or less what i thought would be a good position, what do you think? Where will the most amount of cold air come in (if at all)

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
    I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord"-Phil collins
    looks good to me, anyone know where to get the short straight bit b/n the afm/throttle-body?
    205gti

I'm pretty sure PeterT or one of the other gurus had a setup that was ducted and heat shielded which is the option I will be going for. Shielding shouldn't be too difficult, but ducting could be a little more involved either through the front (like the oem one) from underneath (do the 206s use this) or making use of a bonnet duct for that touch of rice
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

You could always do the fau-racer (read: canary candidate) and duct through the left headlight.

Man I've been living in Box Hill for too long
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

Yeah i was gonna heat shield it too.

Lolz air filter through headlight

Excuse me SON but that pod filter is going to give u less power than the standard system and it will be too loud and noisy it may damage your hearing aid when your driving to the local RSL

Bloody kids these days
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG
    Excuse me SON but that pod filter is going to give u less power than the standard system and it will be too loud and noisy it may damage your hearing aid when your driving to the local RSL

Bloody kids these days
    AHAHH, sorry sir. I shall write, 'modifications on peugeots aren't allowed' 100 times on the blackboard'

O alex got a pic of your setup? If i remeber correctly you had a decent DIY heat shield thing on yours didnt you?? Or was i dreaming?

Btw how hard is it to move the battery to the boot, would i even need to do that?? I mean id have a heap more space if i did.

thats right pugs are the best cars standard and cannot be improved.

Ummm i made up a sort of shield thing mate...its was a dodgy leb job but it worked sort of.

it shouldnt be too hard to move the battery to the boot but if your a lazy twat like me then u cbf.
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

300BHP
    (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    AHAHH, sorry sir. I shall write, 'modifications on peugeots aren't allowed' 100 times on the blackboard'

O alex got a pic of your setup? If i remeber correctly you had a decent DIY heat shield thing on yours didnt you?? Or was i dreaming?

Btw how hard is it to move the battery to the boot, would i even need to do that?? I mean id have a heap more space if i did.
    ok ,asanka ive seen this conversion done on another 205 gti where he had the pod behing the headlight as in the 405 setup.
    he used a NISSAN rubber pipe that is nearly the same as present one [ie same amount of hose fittings]that he got from pick a part.as long as it has the right hose connections,you can use any make car.
    this one was straight and was the right length without any cutting.
    you put the afm in line with pod.
    if you want to check out the wreckers,ill come with you as i might do similar and im interested in checking this out further.

now moving the battery into the boot can be done pretty easy if you have the right tools.
    ask chris about it as he is going to do it soon.
    also you can run the cables inside the car if you want.

or you can do what chris has to the recce 205 and put it on at the a.f.m and get rid of all the other piping.

or put it on where the pug one connects so it sits over the manifold but you better make a heat sheild as it will be drawing straight off the manifold heat.

i reckon the behind the head light is best as you can drill holes in the plate below to let in more cold air.
    good luck-BAZZZZZZZZ

i will look into it, first i need to get my 205 back, still getting stuff done to it, i havent driven it for nearly a month now, i feel like stealing one.

This is the setup in my car, but since the photo I have added a heat shield under, behind, & between it & the head up to the under side of the bonnet. I have recorded the air temp with no more than 1 degree difference than outside temp while driving. The battery is in the hatch (another great mod). I machined an adapter between the flex hose & the throttle with a huge lead in. This adapter also has the connections from the cold start valve & fuel tank breather. Performance improvement? Well, not really noticeable.
    -Will
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pod filter placement in 250gti-inlet.jpg  
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

Quote Originally Posted by WAUTY205
    This is the setup in my car, but since the photo I have added a heat shield under, behind, & between it & the head up to the under side of the bonnet. I have recorded the air temp with no more than 1 degree difference than outside temp while driving. The battery is in the hatch (another great mod). I machined an adapter between the flex hose & the throttle with a huge lead in. This adapter also has the connections from the cold start valve & fuel tank breather. Performance improvement? Well, not really noticeable.
    -Will
    Whats going on?? I can see daylight and the ground through your engine bay! You must have an undersize 205 engine in there!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20FIVE

Whats going on?? I can see daylight and the ground through your engine bay! You must have an undersize 205 engine in there!!
    I reckon if you work out the angles the light seems to be shining out of an orifice about a metre off the ground, pointing down, just in front of the grille?
    205gti

Quote Originally Posted by 20FIVE

and also because the battery is missing and the battery tray also.
    these usually sit right over the area where you can see through to the ground.-BAZZ

actually on second look the tray is there ,but the bent air flow pipng sits in this area usually???-BAZZ
    Last edited by bazgti; 18th May 2005 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG
    thats right pugs are the best cars standard and cannot be improved.

Ummm i made up a sort of shield thing mate...its was a dodgy leb job but it worked sort of.
    I guess some of the comments on this thread just proves that you hear only what you want to hear.

Just out of interest, what was the power/torque benefits of this set-up?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Asanka, why not just put it like the other guys have, behind the headlight, and run a seperate pipe from behind one of the spot lights up to under the pod...? My mates 206 has this and you can hear it suck... thats all he wanted from it. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Asanka, why not just put it like the other guys have, behind the headlight, and run a seperate pipe from behind one of the spot lights up to under the pod...? My mates 206 has this and you can hear it suck.

...... hmmm .

Just under the headlight is the go. Just make sure it follows a straight course. That relay box thingy that hangs orf the support panel can be moved giving clearance. I ran a length of pipe diverting air from the grille to the filter.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Thanks for the responses guys,
    I still havent got my car back, so im trying to imagine how it will all look, hopefully get the thing back tommorow,

I guess some of the comments on this thread just proves that you hear only what you want to hear.

Just out of interest, what was the power/torque benefits of this set-up?
    Yes your right i have to filter out most the bullsh1t + useless dribble that the internet mechanics love to spin on these forums.

how was power improved? I have no idea....i have said many times over the past year(s) in different pod related threads that i DIDNT have the standard GTi6 airbox and thus it was much easier to slap a pod on there with a homemade dodgy heatshield. I now have a BMC CDA airbox on and the low down torque is improved as is top end while remaing shielded from the engine bay heat.
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

300BHP
    (For Sale)

This where I put mine. Right behind the cold air intake.

205 GTi Race Car

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    This where I put mine. Right behind the cold air intake.

205 GTi Race Car
    Did you ditch the AFM? and if so what did you use?
    Thanks, Chris.
    205gti

Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    Did you ditch the AFM? and if so what did you use?
    Thanks, Chris.
    Yes, no AFM. I used a Haltech ECU with MAP and TPS load sensing.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Peter thats the first time ive seen your 205...thats one amazing machine i love it. What a bargain price too
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

300BHP
    (For Sale)

al

Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    looks good to me, anyone know where to get the short straight bit b/n the afm/throttle-body?
    I was going to ask this same question, but it appears i have been beaten to it... So, where do you get that bit from?
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Peugeot - 309 GTi16V

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information