205 GTi vacuum advance hose
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 205 GTi vacuum advance hose

I've just taken off my airflow meter and other assorted inlet piping to have a bit of a look and I've discovered that the vacuum advance hose isn't connected to my distributor. I recently had an oil leak from the dizzy fixed, so I'm assuming that's when the hose wasn't reconnected. I don't seem to have a "free" hose in my engine bay so can anyone tell me where the hose is supposed to run from?

Advertisement
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SamR
    I've just taken off my airflow meter and other assorted inlet piping to have a bit of a look and I've discovered that the vacuum advance hose isn't connected to my distributor. I recently had an oil leak from the dizzy fixed, so I'm assuming that's when the hose wasn't reconnected. I don't seem to have a "free" hose in my engine bay so can anyone tell me where the hose is supposed to run from?
    i dont run one either as it wasnt on when i bought the car.the only difference youll find when reconecting is that youll save a little bit of fuel on long runs.
    the vaccuum hose connects up under the inlet manifold somewhere.
    funny i discovered it the same way-oil leak from dizzy-BAZZ
    BAZGTI
    87' 205 gti anthacite grey
    electric sunroof/tinted windows
    koni yellow adjustables/sparco strut brace.
    15" polished speedlines.
    momo steering wheel.

Thanks for the reply Bazz. I think I found the hose that's supposed to be connected to the dizzy. It's been connected to something else on the inlet tract that didn't have anything connected to it before. It didn't seem to affect the running of the car... May as well reconnect it to the dizzy if it's going to save me a bit of fuel, what with petrol prices recently
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Thread Information