Aftermarket Suspension Bushes
  • Register
  • Help

Default Aftermarket Suspension Bushes

Its time to change some of the bushes on my car. I need to get the stabiliser bar bushes, lower ball joint bushes and steering arm bushes for a Gti6.

I was going to get the standard peugeot items but thought i might get some aftermarket polyurethene ones if they are going to be longer wearing and beneficial to handling.

The car is lowered and as such more wear and strain is put on these components...will it be beneficial to fit these stronger stiffer bushes?

Im not too sure where to get these bushes from can anyone recommend a place and also whats the pricing like on these compared to standard items?

Any help would be appreciated

Advertisement

Alex
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG
    Its time to change some of the bushes on my car. I need to get the stabiliser bar bushes, lower ball joint bushes and steering arm bushes for a Gti6.

I was going to get the standard peugeot items but thought i might get some aftermarket polyurethene ones if they are going to be longer wearing and beneficial to handling.

The car is lowered and as such more wear and strain is put on these components...will it be beneficial to fit these stronger stiffer bushes?

Im not too sure where to get these bushes from can anyone recommend a place and also whats the pricing like on these compared to standard items?

Alex
    Don't know if they do pug bushes but http://www.redranger.com.au/why_noli.html does poly suspention bushes. I've used them on the lower control arms on my morris last heaps longer!!!!

you could give them a ring. If they do let me know, I think my S16's bushes need doing too

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Alex, have a search through Brad's threads as he did this on his S16. From what I recall, polyurethane is definately the way to go

When's your car due back on the road?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

www.noltec.com.au

if they dont have they can make it. Expect a harsher ride with polyuethane. Additionally your suspension components will be taking up more hits from the road as new bushes wont absorb as well as rubber. But your car will be more responsive and feed back a lot more to you.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

I was sifting through some NSW RTA papers once and came across some interesting reference to these new types of suspension products, how many test have shown that the increase in tranference of shock,can be manifest in premature stress cracking of the mounts and associated parts.For this reason the RTA was looking closely at the legalities of these components. I'm buggered if I can find the web page again,But maybe some one else can shed some light on this.
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG

Alex
    Talk to the guys at european auto imports and also caravelle imports about the products they carry .they are usually helpfull and honest with advice.
    cheap too.
    eai-9899 6683
    cara-9890 9061
    please post results on your findings in regard to poly bushes and whether they are longer lasting and any other points of interest as i for one would be very interested.
    i have never heard of polyurethane bushes and would like to know more from the horses mouth,not from a website or product seller.
    ta-BAZZ

Default Powerflex bushes

I Just had some powerflex bushes fitted to the car. I bought them from demon tweeks in the UK. I cant notice any big difference as alot was changed at once! The main reason I changed to the urathane type bush was so they last longer. The front and rear bush kit from Demon tweeks was $100 AU shipped to aus. and it arrived in 2 weeks.
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

They might have what you need.

Thanks for the responses guys ill give those places a call hopefully on monday.

Mmmm corners ive got a demon tweeks catalogue from a few years ago and remember seeing a section on bushes.

Did u end up getting the steering arm and stabiliser bar bushes too? How many did u actually get for $100??
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Thread Information