engine for 505
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: engine for 505

Default engine for 505

just wondering are there engines that came to australia in volvo's that would be a good engine to fit into my 505 gti s2 ?

i was thinking about a volvo 940 these came in a turbo petrol version ? just starting to lok into it.

Advertisement
    "Best Signature Ever Inserted Here"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiop
    just wondering are there engines that came to australia in volvo's that would be a good engine to fit into my 505 gti s2 ?

i was thinking about a volvo 940 these came in a turbo petrol version ? just starting to lok into it.
    Only the V6's will bolt straight in (with appropriate Pug gearbox or transmission). All the other engines would need to be engineered into the car and would probably not be worth it.

Jarrod

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

First and obvious question - WHY?

Other than that, the only "common" conversion that is dicussed in A/F from time to time is the fitment of one of the Renault / Peugeot / Volvo joint production V-6 engines.

Given that the UK etc had 505 V-6 models off the showroom floor, there is a bit of information about them, and other retro-fitted conversions in Australia.

I have thought about this conversion from time to time, but really, am quite happy with my S2 505 (leaded engine). A 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual could make a bit of difference, though.

Cheers,
    Kim.

Thread Information