205 bonnet catch/release
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 bonnet catch/release

my bonnet catch is not working poperly and my bonnet nearly came open on the freeway just before.is this an adjustment or new cable time.?-BAZZ

Advertisement

u checked the plastic parts of it? could be worn out. it is spring loaded, so unless the cable is too tight it shouldn't be an issue. try to c if anythin is stuck open. the bit of metal it is mounted on at the front of the car comes off in a couple of mins and you should b able to get a better look at it then. it is pritty simple. not much to go wrong
    French - 92 205mi16, 87 205gti and spares
    Other - Amarok V6, Iveco Daily 50C17, Isuzu 600

Quote Originally Posted by amcc
    u checked the plastic parts of it? could be worn out. it is spring loaded, so unless the cable is too tight it shouldn't be an issue. try to c if anythin is stuck open. the bit of metal it is mounted on at the front of the car comes off in a couple of mins and you should b able to get a better look at it then. it is pritty simple. not much to go wrong

thanks for the very quick reply,its goin in on monday for new gear linkages and i thought id just ask a few ?'s before i take the top crossmember off for a look see.-BAZZ

Thread Information