Megasquirt Time!!!
  • Register
  • Help

Icon10 Megasquirt Time!!!

Ok, the CX is running again, time to disassemble things and break things

Actually, I plan on converting my 1987 CX 25 GTI to a Megasquirt programable ECU (and maybe add a little boost, say a T3 turbo) I am going to college majoring in computer programing and computer and electronics engineering, so I imagine I can modify the megasquirt code as needed to work on the CX, however, I NEED your help. That's right, each and every frog loving (except for the frog wiring) person around here, the more brains the better. I need in and all information on how the CX (It's the M659 engine) knows when to have a spark, if the ignition will continue to function once I disconnect the fuel system and run it seprate, etc, etc, etc. At present the Megasquirt v2, which does fuel and spark, is not available, however, I will be switching to it soon as I can get my hands on it. I hope to at least have a perfectly working fuel system by that time, so I can just drop in the expansion card and run a few more wires. Any info, no matter how unimportant you may think it is would be VERY appericated.

Thanks in advance, and have a great, French car filled day

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DCTalkJCFreak
    Ok, the CX is running again, time to disassemble things and break things

Actually, I plan on converting my 1987 CX 25 GTI to a Megasquirt programable ECU (and maybe add a little boost, say a T3 turbo) I am going to college majoring in computer programing and computer and electronics engineering, so I imagine I can modify the megasquirt code as needed to work on the CX, however, I NEED your help. ------. Any info, no matter how unimportant you may think it is would be VERY appericated.

Thanks in advance, and have a great, French car filled day

have a look at this thread:

Graham Can we have a Megasquirt update

Graham Wallis had immediate success with his 86 Pug GTI installation (I was co-opted to drive him around while he tuned it from his laptop PC in the passenger seat) :
    So many projects - so little time.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It's not quite that easy.

The fuel injection will be ok, you just use the coil firing as the trigger point. The ignition is going to be more difficult. You see the CX uses an odd number of teeth on the flywheel.

IMO the easiest fix would be to get the megasquirt source code and hack it to work with the odd number of flywheel teeth. This will be a bit off I would imagine (once it's been sold and fitted to a number of cars).

I suggest you jump on the CX-L yahoogroups list. There's a couple of people there contemplating fitting the megasquirt system to hotted up CX2500 GTi turbos (trying to get past the 250hp mark).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information