Eibach Springs for 306 Opinions Needed
  • Register
  • Help

Default Eibach Springs for 306 Opinions Needed

I just bought a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs (35mm gunmetal in colour)) for my GTi6 today and i they are going to be coupled with a set of Koni Yellow shocks. Has anyone had any experience with this combo?

Advertisement

Ive previously had Apex springs with the standard OEM shocks but found the ride got worse over time.( i did get the springs reset to sit lower)

Other people have mentioned H&R and JR or Jamex springs are also good. Has anyone heard much about these brands? Any comments?

Car is used for the street but i wish to do another Philip Island track day some time this year.

If any one has any experience with any of these suspension combos your input or comments would be appreciated.

Alex
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

i have yellow adjustable konis in my 205 gti and will stay with the peugeot springs as i like the ride they give and consider the eibachs a bit stiff for my personal tastes.alot of people swear by the eibachs though and they do seem to sell alot of them so its all personal.
    i have a spare set of springs that are being reset lower and thought id give them a go soon so ill post my findings.--BAZZ

If you can wait a couple of weeks, hopefuly I'll some input too!!!! Currently I'm waiting on prices for some Koni yellows that I'll run with the Eibach springs -35mm. Might be stiff, but should be very well controlled. Also looking at getting some better bushings from demon tweaks in the UK. My standard rubber ones are shagged.....

What's wrong with the standard gti6 suspension? Bling and Phillip island just don't go together!
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Thanks for the input guys but i ended up getting the eibachs on sat anyways.

What's wrong with the standard gti6 suspension? Bling and Phillip island just don't go together!
    My suspension was shagged after years of abuse and not safe (with the Apex springs i had).

Bling eh? Umm no ill actually use the stock 15"s like i did last time i went there.
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

300BHP
    (For Sale)

What sort of tyres do you run for your track days? I'd love to race at Phillip. What do they charge for a day out there?
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG
    I just bought a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs (35mm gunmetal in colour)) for my GTi6 today and i they are going to be coupled with a set of Koni Yellow shocks. Has anyone had any experience with this combo?

Ive previously had Apex springs with the standard OEM shocks but found the ride got worse over time.( i did get the springs reset to sit lower)

Other people have mentioned H&R and JR or Jamex springs are also good. Has anyone heard much about these brands? Any comments?

Car is used for the street but i wish to do another Philip Island track day some time this year.

If any one has any experience with any of these suspension combos your input or comments would be appreciated.

Alex
    yes yes colour important etc. what rate springs did you get? Are they 50% or more stiffer than stock?
    On the swift I made the mistake of fitting stock Yellow Koni's to 400lbs springs (stock 195lbs). BAD MOVE. The konis were unable to dampen the spring. Once revalved to suit the spring no probs.
    Give proven products a call and ask them if Koni yellow (part # etc) is rated to the spring (rated # written on springs). If you purchased street/race rated springs you should be fine. If you went for super hard setup you should consider adjusting damping rates on shocks.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

yes yes colour important etc. what rate springs did you get? Are they 50% or more stiffer than stock?
    I got the Eibach Pro-Kit. They are a progressive rate spring and are not as hard as the eibach. Basiicaly its their sport/street spring whereas the other speings from eibach are much harder and better suited for the track.

I put my Apex springs side by side with the Eibach then pressed down on both. The Eibachs are noticebly softer which is what i wanted as my current setup (Apex+OEM shocks) was too hard and the rebound rates all wrong.

What sort of tyres do you run for your track days? I'd love to race at Phillip. What do they charge for a day out there?
    I only went in Nov 2003 was going to go again but had an accident before the next one. I was using some 2nd hand Toyo Proxies ST1(they came off my brothers Gti6). The tyres were actually quite good...i was pretty happy with them...however after say 2-3 flat out laps they started to become very jelly like and the car would understeer under accelration alot.

Hopefully with all the things on my car fixed ill get chance to head back to the island for a sprint day later in the year.
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

300BHP
    (For Sale)

Thread Information