ihi ej20 205gti
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: ihi ej20 205gti

Default ihi ej20 205gti

just got a ej20 turbo off a liberty for the pugjet

its a bit undersized for the 2L it comes off

what rpm do you think the 1.9 should spool up around, using 1 1/4 inch for the manifold ?

should i use the tried and tested malpassi rising rate, or one of those new jaycar fuel computers to dump in the extra juice?

Advertisement

is it better to suck through the afm to reduce stalling, or blow through it?

many questions
    2008 Fiesta XR4 "ST150"
    -Cosworth cams, Cosworth intake manifold, CIA "K&N", Dream science, De-Cat, Eibach, Bilsteins, White Line sway bar "rear", EBC Rotors and pads, Goodridge brake lines, OZ Racing wheels, Toyo R1R

1964 S2a Land Rover LWB
    -Served with the 1st Australian Task Force, Vietnam, original condition

1994 S3 205 GTI
    -3L 406 V6 Conversion

2009 Husqvarna TE510
    -Blinged

Tadpole

The older mitsubishi turbo's fitted to subaru's tend to be a bit bigger that new ones- they were made smaller and smaller to help low end torque. On a 1.9, expect boost at around 2,500 or maybe closer to 3.
    As for fueling, do yourself a favour and go for an aftermarket system. Seriously, I know what your thinking - those things are expensive, I picked up a fuel and ignition computer for $350 including the loom. If you're handy you could hook it up and get it dynoed for approx $800. Beats the hell out of "band-aid ing" the engine with RRFPR's.
    You'll also get rid of the AFM (btw- draw through is the way to go)

Thread Information