205 Killswitch
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 Killswitch

Default 205 Killswitch

i was going to put an alarm in the gti but thought about it and i really think alarms are useless these days unless its hooked up to a 10000000watt amp and siren.
    now i was thinking of putting the battery in the boot anyway for more engine access for small jobs and thought about a rally type kill switch that you can take the red plastic key thing with you .
    now i was wondering ,will i have to reset the stereo everytime i use the killswitch or can i hook the stereo up to accessories to aleviate this.
    any thoughts-pro's,con;s-BAZZ

Advertisement

Just put a kill switch on the low voltage side of the coil.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

baz
    As Peter noted, cut the power to coil and the thing wont start. However, if you do get an alarm just have the installer put the siren INSIDE the cabin, trust me your car won't be going anyware and your neighbours wont even know it's gone off, as its barely audiable from the outside. But a pants
    sh!tter for the theif on the inside, then he has to get past all the ignition relays etc, (by then you would have hopefully reacted and called 911. )

As for the radio, just connect the permanent memory wire (ussually Yellow) directly to the +ve terminal of the battery. Dont run it via the harness/kill switch.
    Question though?? what the hell are you doing listening to music in a 205, your hands are too busy scandenavian flicking and setting up for the next apex, no? - Chris
    ... ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    baz
    As Peter noted, cut the power to coil and the thing wont start. However, if you do get an alarm just have the installer put the siren INSIDE the cabin, trust me your car won't be going anyware and your neighbours wont even know it's gone off, as its barely audiable from the outside. But a pants
    sh!tter for the theif on the inside, then he has to get past all the ignition relays etc, (by then you would have hopefully reacted and called 911. )

As for the radio, just connect the permanent memory wire (ussually Yellow) directly to the +ve terminal of the battery. Dont run it via the harness/kill switch.
    Question though?? what the hell are you doing listening to music in a 205, your hands are too
    busy scandenavian flicking and setting up for the next apex, no? - Chris
    well i dont listen too the radio that much ,its just a pain to have to reset it and the clock all the time.i also wanted to put the killswitch inside the car so i dont have to pop the bonnet to do it.
    youre right though i always wonder why people put big stereos in these cars ,im to busy concentraiting on being sideways thru everycorner ,handbrake turns,the old scandi flick and trying to deal with liftoff and oversteer. ha ha ha ha ah.all while searching for my lighter and looking in the street directory.
    i think the alarm idea you have is valid but i think a killswitch is cheaper .and just as effective.-bazz

Thread Information