206 wheel alignment
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 206 wheel alignment

hi, i have a problem with my new 206xr, it drifts to the left, i returned it to the dealer, they said no problem evident, not convinced i took it to a bj outlet to have the alignment checked, individual toe was, left + 1.4 mm, right +1.4mm, target data was -1.5 mm, final measurement is now, left -1.3 & right is -0.8, the car is not pulling as much but still pulling a little, if you drive it on a road with a right camber, as in the right lane of a three lane carriageway it seems to drive spot on, i am running dealer fitted 6in rims with yoka's cdrive 195x55x15, anyone had similar problems, or any feedback appreciated.

Advertisement

thanks

Tadpole

[FONT=Tahoma]
    Hi gke,
    I've similar problem like you. Then, I brought my car (206 GTi 180) to BJ like you did. They couldn't find anything wrong with the alignment. The explanation they given me was European cars (Peugeot included) are design to run on level road in Europe countries. In Australia, the roads slope towards the kerb for the rain water to flow to the drain. Therefore, they tend to pull to the left (kerb). If you drive a Commodore or Falcon, you'll notice that it drives in a nice straight line. Apparently, there's a device you can get at Pedders to fix this but I couldn't be bother as there's nothing wrong with the car, just the OZ roads design. Hope this helps.

Rgds,
    Raz

Thread Information