do your 205 doors rattle?
  • Register
  • Help

Default do your 205 doors rattle?

the doors on my 205 rattle a bit,i had the locks adjusted when it was in for panel work but this only helps a little.
    this annoys the hell out of me,i dont mind the creaky dash but the doors really gave me the irrits.
    last weekend i was given the remedy[thanks graham wallis]
    its called dry lube,it cots about $2.50 its in a stick form and is waxy to the feel.
    apply to door locks and catches and edges of lock and whalla,no more noises .
    im fargin wrapped mate.-BAZZ

Advertisement

nJm

So do you spray this inside the door (on the whole lock mechanism) or is it for the external bits? Sounds just like what I need as the 505's driver's side door lock has rattled a bit loose as the door as drooped.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    So do you spray this inside the door (on the whole lock mechanism) or is it for the external bits? Sounds just like what I need as the 505's driver's side door lock has rattled a bit loose as the door as drooped.
    DRY lube Nick, a bit like chapstick.
    Won't fix rattles due to loose parts but will fix the clicking and squarking you get from the teflon door lock surfaces when the body moves a little against the doors.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    i put it on the door catch and the white teflon[plastic looking]things in the lock mechanism.
    also a bit round the edges of door lock mechanism.
    it wont fix loose locks or incorrectly fitted or adjusted locks but will fix the rattles associated with the non slipping of the teflon parts that happen when the body twists and rubs against the door locks and makes door rattle and move.the noise is usually noticable on small bumps and non level surface driving.it sounds a bit like incorrect lock adjustment.-BAZZ

Thread Information