Advanced Driving - SA
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Advanced Driving - SA

We don't have alot of advanced driving here in SA, but the Australian Driving Instituite sounds good, has anyone done a course with them, was it any good? Am I looking at doing the perfromance driving course which is held at Mallala and they go through the basics in the morning seating, braking etc and then work you up to doing quick lap times. They also provide technical details about modifying and improving your car.

Advertisement

http://www.austdrive.com/performance.html

The cost for the day is $350.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Looks like a good course. I havent done one with them but the format etc looks OK. I did one at Mallala with John Bowe's Performance Driving Institute (www.johnbowedriving.com) I had a quick look and cant see any of their courses being run at Mallala this year apart from the ones they do for FPV
    I can recomend them as they have loads of good instructors and you get really good feedback.

In one day I went from lapping at about 1:34 to a 1:30 even. I reckon if I went out again i'd improve my times even more Sadly at the moment I dont have the spare $$ to give it another go.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Fellow Frogger!

Cheers, yourself and Quentin both raved about the JB course and on the Saturday Quentin was extremly quick, it's a shame it's not on offer here, the ADI course is prob the way to go, just have to get the $'s together and have a go.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Pugsy,

Let me know how you go, i'd be interested in doing one of these myself, and it'd be good to have another Pug along to compare notes with.

Just have to try and scrape some cash together..
    C4 Hdi - Pierre, Suby BRZ - Fuji and Wren the FRB Clio IV

Thread Information