lowering 205 front
  • Register
  • Help

Default lowering 205 front

id like to lower the front of the 205 but i find the eibach lowering springs a bit too hard a ride.
    can anyone recomend a brand of spring that will lower the front without being too hard?.
    the konis make it hard enough for everyday use and id like to keep it within reason.or am i just going to have to put up with the hard ride if i want to lower it?-BAZZ

Advertisement

I thought the Yellow Konis on the softest setting and standard spring gave a great ride. Just get your std. springs reset 40mm lower.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    I thought the Yellow Konis on the softest setting and standard spring gave a great ride. Just get your std. springs reset 40mm lower.
    i agree wholeheartedly which is why i said i didnt want the harder ride of the eibach's,but it seems the car is sitting a bit higher than before due to the dampers not sagging with the weight of the car.they are on the lowest setting and the car handles and rides wonderfully so i dont want to change that.
    so you think resetting the springs is the way to go?,is that a good practice?
    i have heard differing reports on the subject,but i must say would be a good soloution at probably not a great cost.-BAZZ

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    i agree wholeheartedly which is why i said i didnt want the harder ride of the eibach's,but it seems the car is sitting a bit higher than before due to the dampers not sagging with the weight of the car.they are on the lowest setting and the car handles and rides wonderfully so i dont want to change that.
    so you think resetting the springs is the way to go?,is that a good practice?
    i have heard differing reports on the subject,but i must say would be a good soloution at probably not a great cost.-BAZZ
    Baz, it is the springs which control the height of the car. The only way the Konis could raise the car is if they are gas.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Baz, it is the springs which control the height of the car. The only way the Konis could raise the car is if they are gas.
    Graham

yes ,they are a combination of oil and gas.!!!-BAZZ

can anyone recomend somewhere in melbourne to get my springs re-set?-BAZZ

Thread Information