Fuel Leak
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Fuel Leak

Icon9 Fuel Leak

Hi All,

On my 405 SRDT, I have discovered a rather serious fuel leak. After a 5hour period the car will not start as the pump and filter are empty. After primping the system with a about 10 pumps of the hand primer, it starts instantly. I cannot determine where the leak is coming from, and being the very packed engine that it is, it is a major pain to find it.

Any ideas??

Thanks AF

Advertisement

Can you get it up off the ground so you have room to have a good crawl underneath with a white rag and a torch?

Can you leave some white paper laid out under it to perhaps catch a drip or two to give you some clue about where to look?

Or is it perhaps a valve in the pump has got tired and is allowing it to syphon back into the tank?

It's definately a leak, I put paper under the car last night. I lost quite a lot. I really hope it's not the injection pump as they cost a heap to rebuild....... Can you buy refurbished pumps?? It's a Bosch. My initial thought was that it was going back to the tank but it's definately a leak, pump or fuel line, not sure..

I just can't figure out where. I guess I need to pull the intercooler off and start to look thoroughly. I really do wish they gave you more room to get your hands in however.

I found the leak. It was a piece of pipe connecting injectors 2 and 3 together. I believe it's called a leak off pipe.

Replaced and no more leak and hopefully no more probs

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I found the leak. It was a piece of pipe connecting injectors 2 and 3 together. I believe it's called a leak off pipe.

Replaced and no more leak and hopefully no more probs
    Lucky as the lsd nowdays shrinks the pump seals however you should have viton seals and thus not a problem. Biodiesel swells them so I figure 50/50 bio and dino diesel should keep them the same size one hopes. Again Viton is not affected like rubber so bio has no effect on it either.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    Lucky as the lsd nowdays shrinks the pump seals however you should have viton seals and thus not a problem. Biodiesel swells them so I figure 50/50 bio and dino diesel should keep them the same size one hopes. Again Viton is not affected like rubber so bio has no effect on it either.

Someone please tell me how to make or where to get this BIODIESEL. I keep getting good reports, so let it outa the woods and pray tell all your well kept secrets

Thread Information