307 Suspension Mods?!
  • Register
  • Help
    Cub

Icon4 307 Suspension Mods?!

Hi Froggers,

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere cause the search didnt come up with anything.

Just wanting to know if anyone has or knows of good suspension mods for a 307 1.6...no smart alec comments please its not for me. My brother is thinking of putting some sport springs on his car but I told him to let me consult the Froggy Community first.

Advertisement

He has been quoted $700.00 odd for some sport springs...good value? Do they make much difference to handling? Does it spoil the Pug's ride and comfort?

Thanks in advance!
    CUB

CUB,

I've often thought of seeing if the 307 suspension can be improved.....but I can't justify the money and most other members of my family seem to think it is OK.

If I were to do something though, I'd go straight to Heasmans and order a set of Bilstein inserts and see if that did the trick. I'd leave the springs alone, lowering the car on standard dampers could only amplify the problem.

http://www.heasmans.com.au/

The other thing I'd do is investigate better tyres. If he is still using the standard Continental/Dunlops then you probably won't notice much gain to start with. Get rid of them.

Cub

Icon14

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll tell my bro about Heasmans.

If he goes through with it, I will definately post the results up...should be interesting.
    CUB

Hey Cub,

Another option if its for increased handling would be to get the Koni Sport Kit.
    Its a kit which includes both the springs and shocks. about AUD$1300 for all corners i got quoted.

or if its just looks which he wants then maybe go for just springs, koni? H&R? Eibach? all about 600 i think.

let us know how it goes as im currently considering some options.

Tim

Thread Information