Dirty Injectors???
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Dirty Injectors???

My S16 has just developed a misfire - it seems to be running on just three cylinders. Of course, all this happened over the Christmas/New Year break - that's life!
    The misfire is not always there. On several occasions, the car runs well from a cold start, and either the misfire starts after abour 15 mins driving, or, when I go to start the car up again.
    Advice is required as to possible causes and who you recommend for diagnosing the problem in Sydney.

Advertisement

Cheers,
    sam

i dont think that would be the injectors, they would be more subtle than that, seems something intermittant on the ignition side of things, check all your plug leads and connections, also check for water sitting down in the plug holes
    '91 Peugeot 405 Mi16 - only just run in......

Tadpole

Sam the same thing happened to my S16 in the holidays as well. If it is misfiring as badly as mine and running like a second hand lawn mower, it could be one of your coil packs. My third coil pack was faulty and would fail about 10kms into the trip and the car would only run on three cylinders, which wasnt very nice at all! Try riggling the connections to the coil packs, my third pack when riggled would then work for a short while. You can then swap the pack to another cylinder to ensure you have found the right one. Goodluck!

cheers

Tim

Thread Information