How to fit APEXi SAFC to '95 Pug 405 XU10J2 (MM8P ECU) ?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default How to fit APEXi SAFC to '95 Pug 405 XU10J2 (MM8P ECU) ?

Hi all,

Advertisement

I just bought a used APEXi Digital Super AFC to be fit to my 1995 Peugeot 405 MkII XU10J2 Engine.
    The vehicle application chart that comes with this product does not describe setting value for this car, therefor I will need some help setting this device properly from all fellow frogger.
    My vehicle uses XU10J2 engine and Magneti Marelli MM8P ECU.
    Now I'm looking for these specific values to be set to the APEXi SAFC :
    1.) Air Flow Sensor types :
    - Hotwire (No of sensors in ? No of sensors out ?)
    - Pressure (No of sensors in ? No of sensors out ?)
    - Flap (No of sensors in and sensors out ?)
    - Karman
    2.) Throttle Position Sensor voltage :
    - 0-1V closed throttle and 3-5V open throttle, or
    - 3-5V closed throttle and 0-1V open throttle
    I'm also looking for some specific wiring color from the MM8P (for connecting) :
    - Power cable
    - Ground cable
    - RPM Signal cable
    - Throttle Signal cable
    - Air Flow Signal Out cable
    - Air Flow Signal In cable

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guys.
    Regards,
    Kenneth
    Last edited by karnadi; 13th January 2005 at 10:44 AM.
    '96 P405 STi
    K&N, Ecotek, Custom Pulley

Tadpole

Icon11

Help ? Anyone ?
    Since most speedshops claim this device not applicable to European car and can only be installed to Jap / Korean car (I think they just don't know the ECU wiring, because it's not listed in the manual).
    If anyone know the Marelli's wiring and the type of airflow sensor used in the mentioned car.
    TIA.
    '96 P405 STi
    K&N, Ecotek, Custom Pulley

Quote Originally Posted by karnadi
    Help ? Anyone ?
    Since most speedshops claim this device not applicable to European car and can only be installed to Jap / Korean car (I think they just don't know the ECU wiring, because it's not listed in the manual).
    If anyone know the Marelli's wiring and the type of airflow sensor used in the mentioned car.
    TIA.
    Can't help here, but perhaps a Haynes manual might point out the correct wires. I have never heard of these devices fitted to a 405.. and what's the point of it, what can you expect to gain from it, perhaps there is good reasons why most good tuners choose things such as Haltech/ motec units. - Chris
    ... ptui!

I used to have one of these fitted to an R33 Skyline with increased boost/exhaust/CAI etc.
    Im not sure how much benifit you'll see on an NA car, especially as the general concensus is that the pug engines are in are good state of tune from the factory.
    Look trick tho..

Good luck, maybe Peter T might be able to help?
    C4 Hdi - Pierre, Suby BRZ - Fuji and Wren the FRB Clio IV

The SAFC adjusts fueling by intercepting the airflow sensors output and reshaping it to alter the air\fuel ratio across the rev range.

The emanage is a better NA solution as it will allow ignition to be adjusted as well as the fuel. This is where the power is likely to be found. You can also change airfow meters and injectors and still have the OEM ECU think its all standard.

There is a yahoo emanage group that covers all sorts of vehicles not covered in the manual.

With the SAFC you will be blazing the trail I suspect.

I looked at both the SAFC and emanage for my non Renault, but went with a rechipped/remapped standard ECU, it has been very successful.

A standalone replacement ECU is probably the best option but even then the $ spent for a few KW is hardly worth the expense.
    If you are going to use a big cam and radical headporting to get extra airflow and use a much higher revlimit then the standalone will be more effective as many more KW will be found.

Thread Information