Mi16 Manifold Diagrams?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Mi16 Manifold Diagrams?

gday, just wondering if anyone has access to diagrams that include measurements of exhaust and inlet manifolds for the 1.9 Mi16 engine?? im wanting to design turbo manifolds without actually having to pull mine out right now.

Advertisement

also does anyone have any photos of a 405 T16 or an mi16 that has been turbocharged???

cheers
    '91 Peugeot 405 Mi16 - only just run in......

like this?

google is your friend
    http://www.proturbo.fi/pakosarjat/pe...20manifold.htm

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 7th January 2005 at 01:59 PM.

thanks, that helps, but i was hoping more for the measurments found in a technical drawing, stud spaces, total dimensions, etc

thanks though

1000+ Posts

Dove, that's actually a turbo manifold that Dave's shown you there. You can buy them off the shelf.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

really?? i didnt think that they would mass produce turbo manifolds!! do you know which company stocks them??

That picture is off a website in Finland. I couldn't find an exact price for the Mi16 manifold but going on other 16v manifold prices there it would be in the region of 500euro. Buy the time you pay for freight, and every other tax the government puts on I think it would be cheaper to get one made over here. I'm expecting the get one made in stainless for $1200.

i think ill go the cheaper route and make one out of steam pipe, its supposed to be very strong and up to the task. plus i have a few family members that are handy with welding and what not.

i had a look at the photo on the ecosse peugeot site for their turbo kit, and it seems that they have used either the standard intake or one off a Gti6, can anyone confirm this?

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show...ct.asp?id=1081

cheers

That looks like a gti6 manifold, but the standard mi16 one will be fine, they are a very nice manifold also.

Dave

Can I point out here that the T16 came in LHD only, as the turbo sits where the steering would go in RHD. One from Finland would be LHD as well. as is the diagram above.

That's not to say that you are not already all over the issue like a cheap suit, I'm sure that you would not have got this far without considering it, but all the bonnet up shots in Ecosse don't show which side the steering wheel is on.

thanks for the concern, but the space in which the manifold and turbo fits has been sussed out properly. With the battery gone there is ample room to squeeze the manifold past, and as im going with a custom setup, rather than one off the shelf, i think any problems can be got around. My turbo will be mounted below where the battery now resides, i think the higher mount will make for easier servicing and fiting of the turbo, although im aware that overly long runners may not help in the lag department.

cheers

Thread Information