205 strut bracing
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 strut bracing

hi ,after putting the konis on all round im now tinkering with the idea of putting strut bracing on the 205 gti.
    i know sparco and omp make strut braces for the front top and bottom but i was wondering what you do about the rear.whether it gets braced or you put another aftermarket sway-bar on the rear to stabilise it a bit more?
    .the top and bottom work out to be about $360 delivered to my door from sparco.this is reasonable and not too expensive to consider so i might give it a go.the omp ones are cheaper but are made of steel not alloy.
    does anyone have any ideas and prices for the rear[without importing a group a or b setup off 205 gti rally car].-thanks -BAZZ

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    hi ,after putting the konis on all round im now tinkering with the idea of putting strut bracing on the 205 gti.
    i know sparco and omp make strut braces for the front top and bottom but i was wondering what you do about the rear.whether it gets braced or you put another aftermarket sway-bar on the rear to stabilise it a bit more?
    .the top and bottom work out to be about $360 delivered to my door from sparco.this is reasonable and not too expensive to consider so i might give it a go.the omp ones are cheaper but are made of steel not alloy.
    does anyone have any ideas and prices for the rear[without importing a group a or b setup off 205 gti rally car].-thanks -BAZZ
    Baz, obviously you know 205's dont have rear strut or suspention towers to tie up either. The back would benefit from shocks and uprated tortion and sway-bar. IMO anyway. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Hi Bazz,

Peugeot sport in the uk make upgraded torsion bar springs for the 205. Chris is right in saying there is no tower bracing in the rear.

Cheers Nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

Spend your money on 21mm torsion bars. Strut brace is a waste of money and unnecessary. Parry can give you the details of the UK supplier.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

ta guys ill look into it-BAZZ

Default 205 Strut Braces

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti

Hi Baz

I know very little about 205's. But if the strut braces and fittings to the towers are flat plates & fairly simple to fabricate, you could consider making them yourself.

Square steel tube (RHS , rectangular hollow section) for 25 x25x3mm is about $20 for 6metres. Very cheap and quite strong. 6mm plate is is quite cheap, a holesaw and angle grinder soons makes flat disks.

You can make strong lugs into the tube by cutting a slot and welding in a piece of 25x25x6mm flat plate.

If you have good photos of what the look like, making them yourself (or have a friend help you) could be an option.

regards

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robmac
    Hi Baz

I know very little about 205's. But if the strut braces and fittings to the towers are flat plates & fairly simple to fabricate, you could consider making them yourself.

Square steel tube (RHS , rectangular hollow section) for 25 x25x3mm is about $20 for 6metres. Very cheap and quite strong. 6mm plate is is quite cheap, a holesaw and angle grinder soons makes flat disks.

You can make strong lugs into the tube by cutting a slot and welding in a piece of 25x25x6mm flat plate.

If you have good photos of what the look like, making them yourself (or have a friend help you) could be an option.

regards

Rob
    thanks mate but i dont have the equipment or welding knowledge to do this job.also they are usually adjustable with a threaded section in the middle to tighten up the strut.-BAZZ

Thread Information