206 Gti 180 Chip Tuning
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 206 Gti 180 Chip Tuning

Anyone have info on ECU mods available.What are the power gains. Are they worth the money? or just a waste of time.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I have no experience with chip tuning but i'd be very suprised if they could get more ponies out of the 180 with a new chip/reprogram. That engine should be already highly tuned

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by johncann
    Anyone have info on ECU mods available.What are the power gains. Are they worth the money? or just a waste of time.
    Save your money, power gains of any significance in the 180 are mostly snake oil, on the otherhand if it's seconds around the race track you are after ... get better tyres.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu
    but until you can put in a 1:14.5 around wakefield, the car is fine, and you are not! PS: Boy, how my perspective of lap times changed around Wakefield after driving on it!!
    So what type of lap times was the 180 doing ?

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Vanilla rice rice baby...

Sorry... It's a Peugeot. So, why not think like a pug owner and figure out how to go quicker around corners?
    And this would be why you were spotted doing hot laps on Newcastle Foreshore with all the ricers over the long weekend

My mates and i and our ladies on way back from beach to Brewery couldn't believe a "TRUE PUG" enthusiast was lapping it up

NOTE: I am stirring you hard hear
    S16 ownership is like a fine french wine, perfection personified

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by QIK-516
    And this would be why you were spotted doing hot laps on Newcastle Foreshore with all the ricers over the long weekend
    You are kidding right ? ... Sprung ... never know who's watching, so what is the French version of "rice"? ... cous cous (yes Cous Cous is not "French" as such, but they like to eat it).

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by johncann

I agree with Jester-Fu, but if you really must ramp up the power and subsequently possibly void warranty and cause more engine wear, then go to
    www.powerchip.com.au , you can pick up a performance chip for just under $1000.

My opinion.... the 180 is already an extremely quick car. 180hp pulling just over a tonne is a very good package. Why mess with perfection??
    Current: '06 Iron Grey 407 SV HDi '02 Silver Audi S4 '05 GTi 180
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previous: '05 Aegean Blue GTi 180
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previous: '04 Sahara Gold 206 GTi
    ---------------------------------------------
    Previous: '95 Silver 405 SRDT (Fantastic Tourer)

Jester much like yourself we were passing through, my 2 mates and our lady friends were walking back from Newcastle Beach to our cars parked near Brewery after a swim! No boots open with our fully sick subs blasting out the latest Eminem song

I very rarely go anywhere near that place but damn was it ever funny for a laugh, do these people not realise how damn stupid they look and they have taste in their ass

The girl that was with me insisted on putting shit on everyone she thought worthy, and damn it was great watching ricers get put down by a chick

As for the whole "i own a euro car, lets park out the front of the coffee shops in Darby Street", yes i also hate these ******s I am a fan of parking where you did or in a friends driveway in one of the back streets behind so as not to be associated with these ass clowns
    S16 ownership is like a fine french wine, perfection personified

The guys at Ryton are about to unleash (in 2005) 2 * GTi180's on the English rally circuit with 240BHP a piece... and they where saying for 'endurance' racing!! So, there's plenty to get from the EW10J4S, but not for sub $5k/10-15kW increase. Ohhh... they are leaving the engines NA as well...
    Yeah it might be endurance racing, but that doesn't mean it won't need a rebuild after every event. I doubt that kind of power could be obtained without a upgrade to a decently agressive cam and subsequent loss in low down torque.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Whats this obsession with low down torque?? It's a RACE car they are building, it is not going to be driven in traffic.
    Yeah that's fair enough.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by QIK-516
    As for the whole "i own a euro car, lets park out the front of the coffee shops in Darby Street", yes i also hate these ******s I am a fan of parking where you did or in a friends driveway in one of the back streets behind so as not to be associated with these ass clowns
    I never realised there was so much of an "image" problem in Newcastle. I couldn't give a toss where I parked my car, as long as it was some place close to where I needed to go

I saw a full on rice mobile today in Parramatta. A Honda Civic with so much fibreglass it wasn't funny. I wished I had my camera on me. Oh well.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Zen

I bought a Unichip off of Cal last year and the guys at work have said they'll pay for the installation of it as my birthday present. I've been tossing up whether to go with that or get them to buy me an Intel P4 3.2GHz for my computer instead... On one hand it's not like I'm forking out the money for it so it'd be a good experiment but on the other if it won't improve it that much then the new CPU would be more useful to me. The other thing I'm wary of is warranty as well, though I heard that you can uninstall the Unichip easily enough come service time. Any thoughts?

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Thread Information