PRV K-jetronic sensor plate height
  • Register
  • Help
    farmerdave

Default PRV K-jetronic sensor plate height

In a downdraft K-jet sensor setup (PRV), should the rest position of the sensor plate be above, level with or below the narrowest point of the venturi?
    I'm getting conflicting information-renault specifies 0.5mm below, the Probst "bible" specifies above, and some say level. Currently the plate is set at the renault spec but starting is hard, thermal time and cold start are working fine.

Farmerdave

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farmerdave
    In a downdraft K-jet sensor setup (PRV), should the rest position of the sensor plate be above, level with or below the narrowest point of the venturi?
    I'm getting conflicting information-renault specifies 0.5mm below, the Probst "bible" specifies above, and some say level. Currently the plate is set at the renault spec but starting is hard, thermal time and cold start are working fine.

Farmerdave

the sensor plate should be set from factory but if it needs to be checked or adjusted it should be sitting +- 0.5mm from the step in the venturi

the other thing to check is to make sure it is central in the venturi

this is what i have written here in the pug manual for the injection setup
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

farmerdave

Thanks 'rambo, just needed to check.
    I checked an Autodata FI book for the Volvo specs, they are level to 0.3 below for "octopus" manifold, level to 0.3mm above for the twin rail manifold.
    I take it that the Pug spec works ok on your 604?.

Farmerdave

Thread Information