help me please!! 205 fans
  • Register
  • Help

Default help me please!! 205 fans

i just got the radiator fixed on my 205 and put it back in... all seems to be well but no fans!!! what could be the problem? will this be a no water on the thermastat?(i have used the appropriate bleed valves. i think. if this could be an issue could someone please tell me what needs bleeding and where to find it.) or is this more likely to be an electrical problem? all advice is wanted. and needed! i am meant to be driving to adelaide on monday!!!

one thing i am yet to do (which i remember is in the manual. haven't got the dam thing on me at the mo) is to raise the resovour. could this be the problem???

please help i need my fans

Advertisement
    French - 92 205mi16, 87 205gti and spares
    Other - Amarok V6, Iveco Daily 50C17, Isuzu 600

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

silly question but did you hook the wires back up to the temp sensor in the radiator

i did the same thing in the 604 and wondered why the thermo wasn't cutting in till i had a quick look and saw the plug sitting unattached
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

What activates the fans? I would presume on that model it will be a thermo switch either in teh radiator or in a fitting attached to it; usually a 3 pin thing. Has that been reconnected and if so, better run a bridge across the terminals inside the plug and see if teh fans fire up. If they do, then chances it's a thermo switch. As a last resort, you could bridge the fan switch out so the fans work all the time or do a temporary wire in of a switch so you can turn the fans on as you get into any traffic and off on the open road.
    I take it the engine has reached operating temperature so that the fans will be in circuit? Also as a first basic check, look at the fuse and all plugs connected to the fans.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    silly question but did you hook the wires back up to the temp sensor in the radiator

i did the same thing in the 604 and wondered why the thermo wasn't cutting in till i had a quick look and saw the plug sitting unattached

yep connected it but will have to check to c if it is working

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    What activates the fans? I would presume on that model it will be a thermo switch either in teh radiator or in a fitting attached to it; usually a 3 pin thing. Has that been reconnected and if so, better run a bridge across the terminals inside the plug and see if teh fans fire up. If they do, then chances it's a thermo switch. As a last resort, you could bridge the fan switch out so the fans work all the time or do a temporary wire in of a switch so you can turn the fans on as you get into any traffic and off on the open road.
    I take it the engine has reached operating temperature so that the fans will be in circuit? Also as a first basic check, look at the fuse and all plugs connected to the fans.

Alan S

thanks hopefully i can get it going now. will be back later if she still not cooperating.

Thread Information