Basic Info on Carb Tuning (Pug 1990 205)
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon7 Basic Info on Carb Tuning (Pug 1990 205)

Well the title states it all
    Does anyone know of a good site, or can give me a quick rundown on the tuning of the carb on my car. Its a 1990 Automatic 205 Pug, nothing out of the ordinary, just stock standard.

Advertisement

When warmed up, its idling a wee bit too high, and under heavy aceleration, bottoms out. Is there a way to tune the carb back to factory settings, so I have a ground to tune it properly from?

Thnaks for all your help
    Cheers
    Tnate

Quote Originally Posted by Tnate
    Does anyone know of a good site, or can give me a quick rundown on the tuning of the carb on my car. Its a 1990 Automatic 205 Pug, nothing out of the ordinary, just stock standard.

When warmed up, its idling a wee bit too high, and under heavy aceleration, bottoms out. Is there a way to tune the carb back to factory settings, so I have a ground to tune it properly from?

Thnaks for all your help
    Cheers
    Tnate

i'm asuming this is a webber 36 off of an imported 1.6l engined 205?? if so this should help you out

http://www.205gti.com/downloads/Chap...aintenance.zip

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Tnate

Thnaks for all your help
    Cheers
    Tnate

If it is a 1990 it will be most out of the ordinary and fully imported.
    Are you sure it's not a 1992 local model, in which case it will have mono point injection? Is it a three or five door?
    If this is the case then a workshop with the correct diagnostic equipment should be able to check it out.
    Graham

[ QUOTE=Tnate]Well the title states it all

When warme d up, its idling a wee bit too high, and under heavy aceleration, bottoms out. Is there a way to tune the carb back to factory settings, so I have a ground to tune it properly

from?

Thnaks for all your help
    Cheers
    Tnate

[/QUOTE

a 1990 205 automatic is something out of the ordinary!!!.most 205's here are manual fuel injected models.or do you mean not modified ,stock standard.
    is it a 1.9 or 1.6 model gti and what make carby is on it?-BAZZ

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    a 1990 205 automatic is something out of the ordinary!!!.most 205's here are manual fuel injected models.or do you mean not modified ,stock standard.
    is it a 1.9 or 1.6 model gti and what make carby is on it?-BAZZ
    if its a 5 door it'll be another import like mine they are a carbie 1.6l XU5 engine.... not really an odity, just never sold in australia.... also japan got a limited run of automatic 205 GTI's

Thread Information