Basic 205 GTI Induction Mod
  • Register
  • Help

Icon6 Basic 205 GTI Induction Mod

Just in case some of you have not done it or were not aware of it. The top right part of the plastic grill on a standard 205 GTI sits over and blocks fresh air from entering the air intake. Take the grill off and remove all plastic from in front of the air duct (its about 6 cm wide and a couple of cm high). Then put a good air filter in, something like a green cotton (thats what I have). I used a dremmel tool to cut away the plastic blocking the intake resulting in a clean smooth finish. Not only do you get heaps of fresh, cool, air, but that mod combined with the performance air filter will give your car a much more responsive feel. Its also a straight direct feed into the air filter. I wouldn't bother spending shit loads on K and N 57i induction kit etc etc waste of money and I doubt whether they would actually increase the power over and above that of this mod in any event.
    For info, good luck.

Advertisement

I have (had) a Haltech equipped 205, which I can datalog. My air cleaner is right behind the cold air intake, shielded to protect against hot engine and radiator air. Last supersprint I logged two runs, one with the plastic grill deflector in place, the other removed.

Both runs recorded 17 deg., the ambient air temp.

I think Peugeot did their homework.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

So, Peter you are saying that removing the plastic doesn't make any difference?

i think what peter is getting at is that peugeot usually do their homework on these types of things and have probably found it dosent make any difference.its probably designed like that for a reason.
    the more responsivness you feel is probably due to the performance filter you installed.they usually will alow better air flow.-BAZZ

Thread Information