koni ?/205
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: koni ?/205

Default koni ?/205

i was told today by a freind of a freind[so i dont know how reliable the info is]that you can but a coil over sleeve setup to go on your koni adjustables to make a coil over setup.
    is this true?,does it work and how much are they would be the next few questions id ask.
    and more importantly can you get them foe a 205gti.-BAZZ

Advertisement

A friend has a suspension shop and does this regularly to the non- gas Konis. The sleeve,fitted, 2 aluminium nuts and a top costs approx $160 ea shock. He does not have the gear to regas the Konis, but there are others that can. On top of this would be springs at $150 a pair to suit.

The shocks are pulled apart and reassembled during the exercise as the oil gets burnt when the shock body is welded. If you sat the sleeve on what is left of the original spring seat, say 7mm left around the shock, I guess you could weld to that.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

thanks for that allan,i was shown the setup you speak of yesterday when i was looking in the suuspension shop,thanks-BAZZ

Is it George Shepheard who does that?

Fellow Frogger!

I've machined up the sleeves and nuts to do a few conversions to coilovers mainly for clubmans but haven't been involved in the welding, fairly simple job if you can locate suitable sized tube or pipe to make the sleeve, the inside diameter needs to be slightly smaller than shock diameter to allow for a cleanup cut and have enough wall thickness to accept the thread plus a bit for strength, the last one I was involved in was for a Cortina being converted to Lotus specs.

Graham Lewis

Ray,
    It was Ken Graham, at Accurate Suspension at Woodridge not far from George's. Ken has a decent lathe, and makes the threaded tubes and top spring mount to suit the shock.

He does a lot of work on race cars of all types, but mostly Historics and Improved Production.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Thread Information