improve your rear 205 lights
  • Register
  • Help

Default improve your rear 205 lights

i improved the brightness of all my rear lights on the 205 on the weekend.i neede to change a indicator bulb and once i took the rear lense off ,was amazed at the amount of dust and dirt in and on the bulbs and reflectors.i must say 205's musnt blow many rear bulbs cause they had not been accessed in a long time.
    i cleaned all bulbs and plastic chrome reflecrors and inside the lenses .
    the lenses look nearly new now,the dirt buildup inside was making them alot duller and now the reverse light is alot brighter than before.also blinkers and stop lights.
    i was going to put an extra reverse light in the rear valance but now im not going to worry-BAZZ.

Advertisement

Default and in other ways too

speaking of which, does anyone have a link to somewhere I can get rear light assemblies with clear indicatorsfor the 205? (not those aweful lexus style ones)
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

try DCP direct car parts in the uk ,do a google search as i dont have the addy handy.
    i saw them there but i think they were pretty pricey.i also saw the clear ones that some one had used a smoky clear paint on .the type you use to tint windows of model cars.they looked quite good as it matched the tint of his windows.-BAZZ

Cub

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    i improved the brightness of all my rear lights on the 205 on the weekend.i neede to change a indicator bulb and once i took the rear lense off ,was amazed at the amount of dust and dirt in and on the bulbs and reflectors.i must say 205's musnt blow many rear bulbs cause they had not been accessed in a long time.
    i cleaned all bulbs and plastic chrome reflecrors and inside the lenses .
    the lenses look nearly new now,the dirt buildup inside was making them alot duller and now the reverse light is alot brighter than before.also blinkers and stop lights.
    i was going to put an extra reverse light in the rear valance but now im not going to worry-BAZZ.
    Great tip dude...going to try it on the weekend...hopefully it will stop all those damn tailgaters ..or is that just cause they want to race me?!

CUB

Perhaps you could apply small amounts of clear slilcone to edges on reassembly, may prolong time till next cleaning reguired.

cheers edgedweller

try ecosse

ill dig the link out, i dont know how much postage will be!!!!!!

FrenchCarClub.co.uk

1991 405 Estate
    1989 205 1.9 GTi
    1988 205 1.6 GTi Stage Rally car

Thread Information