306 suspension question
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 suspension question

I've lowered my car about 9 months ago, and so far its great. I used the eibach Pro sport kit. (-35mm, rear torsion bar down a notch) The question is....The car still sits roughly the same height at the front as standard and I was wondering if the slightly lighter 306 Style actually needs a slightly differnt spring to compensate compared to a XSi/Gti6? does this make sense. The rear sits alot lower but as I understasnd thats just the torsion bar and the springs should sit even up the car and stiffen it up a bit. The handling is way better than it was, but I feel understeer in faster corners could still be reduced and thought slightly mismatched spring could be the culprit.???

Advertisement

if you got the GTi6 springs (2L engine+aircon+power steer) the Style being lighter would be a fair bit stiffer at the front (is that so?).
    Stiffer front springs will promotoe understeer. You can counter that by a stiffer (not just lower) rear suspension.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

yeah, the front is appreciably stiffer than the rear. the rear feels the same as before the lowering just with less travel. There is alot les roll in the car but the front can be a bit jumpy over rough roads. The car actually handles heaps better with a pasenger in the front.

yeah i like a passenger in the front of my 205 gti when i want to give it a bit ,although my rear suspension needs attention it seems to even the car out coming out of a corner hard when there is someone next to you,it may change when i get the new konis-BAZZ

Thread Information