505 turbo
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 505 turbo

Default 505 turbo

The 505 GTi turbo is finally on the road, and I am very impressed, even with a safe 7lb boost. It pulls harder than any other Pug I've been in, but my injectors have run out of flow so I can't floor it yet! Does anyone know what sort of injectors are a bolt in replacement on the ZDJL, capable of flowing about 55-60hp each? Pics of the engine on the way.... I remember reading that they're only 195cc injectors, so I'm guessing that I need upwards of about 240-250. Can anyone offer me any advice?

Advertisement

Default Injectors

The Euro spec 505 Turbo's used Bosch 804 injectors - that was good for about 17 psi boost on the N9TE.

Is your motor stock or has it been built for forced induction? If it's been built with 7.5:1 then you're probably safe to run the same - if it's a stock high compression motor then I'd be careful and watch for detonation, exhaust temp, and air/fuel mixtures while on boost.

Do you have any thing for tuning like wide band O2 or exhaust temp sensor?

Those would be handiest to make sure your fueling properly.

One thing I love about the 505 Turbo is the HUGE torque the engine makes - the car just pulls like crazy - especially here in Canada with the nice cool air (-10C) the car feels awesome.

Rabin

If they are 195cc injectors they'll run lean very quickly. The 205/405 injector is 214cc if that helps. Try a 4 cyl. Magna injector. I think they're at least 250. I'd imagine they'd be borderline too. What sort of management are you using?

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Default Injector Flow Rates

I have a table I found (cant remember where) of a whole heap of injector information.
    To big to attach (200k) so if you let me know your email address, I'll send it to you.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequatly explained by stupidity.

Icon1

Hi all,

Stan Weiss' EFI

Don't know if this will help you but heres a table that I found. Also includes some application listings and looks pretty comprehensive. Its probably pretty close to the flow rates you've been sent above but more info is always good. It includes a couple of listings for the 2.2L Peugeot engine.

Previously I have read that 505 GTi's had the same injectors as the ones sitting on my desk, don't know how true that is but the part number is 280-150-725 and according to this table they are very poor at approx 170cc something. Anyway good luck, mitsubishi 2.6L injectors are listed somewhere on the table.

Jono

BTW Now I really HAVE to see this car!!
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Quote Originally Posted by 505 to the max
    The 505 GTi turbo is finally on the road, and I am very impressed, even with a safe 7lb boost. It pulls harder than any other Pug I've been in, but my injectors have run out of flow so I can't floor it yet! Does anyone know what sort of injectors are a bolt in replacement on the ZDJL, capable of flowing about 55-60hp each? Pics of the engine on the way.... I remember reading that they're only 195cc injectors, so I'm guessing that I need upwards of about 240-250. Can anyone offer me any advice?
    Hi 505to the max.....
    Congratulations on the turbo '05. Would be a nice car to drive.
    What type of injection system is it running. Currenly have a Saab 9000T16 which runs Bosch LH jet' injection. I will check on the flow rate for the injectors for you. There are several good performance sights for Turbo cars on the net which usually have links to suppliers of performance parts like injectors and waste-gates etc.
    Saab run up to 0.85 bar max on the stock 9000, with 9.5:1 c/ratio and have no problems with knock etc. I have seen aftermarket injectors available rated at 335cc plus, should be enough??
    Happy turboing
    Chris

Default Injectors...

Thanks for all the info. To answer from top to bottom: the engine was about 10:1 CR in atmo form (I had about 30 thou taken off), however it has been fitted with a 2mm copper head gasket to lower it. As I intend to run a maximum of 10-11lbs boost this should be adequate. The ECU is an EMS stinger which cost $1200, but I consider it well worth it due to infinite refining and tuning capability. Power estimates (from the bloke who tuned it, not me) are in the 145-150kw region. Even at the moment it pulls really strongly (it was 37 degrees today, no pinging!) and there's more to come. I'll try to get footage of a full power run on the dyno.

Fellow Frogger!

Don't know which fuel rail youre using but Mazda Series 5 RX7 injectors are 550cc and high impedance and fit the 505 Sti/Gti fuel rail if you use thicker O rings at the top end. Early Series 4 are low impedance and late series 4 are high impedance 550 cc also.Cost about $250-$320 a set S/H. 550cc will support up to 230kw at the wheels.

iam not 100% but vl commondors hve same injectors and lots of vls modified with bigger injector so many you could do what every they do ? i dont now much bout commondors but maybe a vl turbo ?

Problem solved! Peter Bink Auto Electrical in Raymond Terrace knew exactly what I wanted. He said that most Bosch injectors are the same physical dimensions and that they're readily interchangable (with aftermarket ECU) The standard injectors on the 505 GTi are 172 cc injectors (divide approx by 5 for HP output) and I have ordered 4 290cc replacements, $110 a piece.
    I'll post the part number etc when I pick them up next week.
    Cheers for the advice,
    Chris

Ahh good stuff.. this realy is one jelous STI owner here..

Good on ya for getting this all done..

i must confess.. im standing behind Crosspug to see this turbod Frenchy in action..

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Default 505 GTi turbo

Finally got the 505 back on the road today (again), with new injectors. They're 326cc units (I decided that it was a case of 'the bigger the better'), part number for anyone who wants it is: PF31LC (PF being Powerflow, the company which produces them). Power on the dyno today, ambient temp approx. 26 degrees was 130hp initially, and with a bit more 'tweaking' it peaked at 150rwhp. Factoring in an approximate loss of 30% through the drivetrain I do believe that I am now a member of the 'over 200 hp Pug club.'
    Pics of the engine etc on the way, probably tomorrow if anyone's interested.
    Chris.

well done and they say these things dont like being turboed Pffff

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Thread Information