return to the mehanic dilemma
  • Register
  • Help

Default return to the mehanic dilemma

this is my quandry-about 2 months os so ago i had the shims and valve clearances done on my 205 by a local peugeot mehanic who i will not name but if you look in my past posts you will figure it out.
    i have had 3 mechanics in the past 2 weeks comment on the fact that motor is noisy and sounding like a sewing machine,ive told them i have just had work done on it and they all say i should return the car and get him to do it again as he has not done a good job at all.
    i was going to go elsewhere to get the job done and i am begginig to think i should have gone there in the first place.
    what would you do,my worry is that he will muck me around and keep my car along time and i need it everyday.and not only that probably not want to put his best work in as he has to do it again.
    he told ne at the time that nothing can be done to quiet the noisey tappaets but i have since been told this is bullshit
    should i ask for a return of the labour money i spent to get it done[not hopefull] elsewhere or i should i go to small claims ect.
    he seemed nice before i paid him but now treats me with disdain and generally surly to me when speaking on the phone.
    your advice please -BAZZ

Advertisement

Probably start by discussing the problem with the RACV or motor trades association (VACC?), they may be able to organise an independent inspection of the car and arbitrate for you if there is a problem.

Sounds like you've been ripped off.
    You could go to all length to try and get youre money back ,but at the end of the day, is it worth the stress. If I was in your position,I'd personaly say no, but I'd also be a lot less subtle about naming the said parties, letting bad publicity be my revenge.
    I'd then find out a realy good mechanic by referal on this site, and let them do the job right.I would not let the shonky guy anywhere near my car,lest he screw it up more.
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Sounds like you've been ripped off.
    You could go to all length to try and get youre money back ,but at the end of the day, is it worth the stress. If I was in your position,I'd personaly say no, but I'd also be a lot less subtle about naming the said parties, letting bad publicity be my revenge.
    I'd then find out a realy good mechanic by referal on this site, and let them do the job right.I

would not let the shonky guy anywhere near my car,lest he screw it up more.
    Jo
    well thr thing about that is he was reomrnded by people on the froggy site and other froggy members,i supposw you kant help bad luk.
    ok time to name names-JUSTIN FISHER.
    he seemed nie before he took my money,now he ats like he dosnt want to know me.
    but i am going to try for a refund,i an handle the stress kause you only ever get to try to ripp me off one time!
    thats it ive made up my mind,im goin for a refund-BAZZ

Thread Information