raising a 505 waqen
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! 1pugnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    442

    Default raising a 505 waqen

    I am going on holidays soon and the track where we are going gets a bit rough so I was looking at lifting my 505 wagen it is a 1991 model when I compare my wagen to sr or a gr mine sits lower I can get a set of sr springs if this will do the trick any idears
    regards jamie

    Advertisement

    series 2 405 mi16
    205 si
    series 1 205 gti
    series 3 205 with a gti6 motor project
    1970 404 ute 504 ti motor project
    parts cars 2 205 si's 306 sedan
    2004 206 gti180

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Young
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Go to a 4wd accessorries shop and get a pair of air bag spring helpers. They will fit inside the rear springs and can be pumped up to raise the height to what you require. It won't make it as high as a 4wd but it will make a big difference to your clearance when loaded.

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts Rod Hagen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1pugnut
    I am going on holidays soon and the track where we are going gets a bit rough so I was looking at lifting my 505 wagen it is a 1991 model when I compare my wagen to sr or a gr mine sits lower I can get a set of sr springs if this will do the trick any idears
    regards jamie
    Might be a matter of tyre profile rather than springs I think Jamie. I don't think there was any change in spring height. However, I have rear springs from a 505 sLi if you happen to need them.

    Cheers

    Rod
    Rod's Home Page

    Rod's car page

    Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

  4. #4
    Gone Fishin' Ray Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Burpengary and Murrumburrah, Qld and NSW
    Posts
    9,223

    Default

    Yes, tyre profile might help on the rear...

    And airbags are a good idea too. At least you can let them down to a minimal setting when you don't need the height.

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! Phil Whitton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bargo Sthn Highlands NSW
    Posts
    273

    Default

    G'Day Jamie
    My suggestion:

    Pump up the tyres, leave the kids and baggage at home and enjoy, however if that fails rent a rally car or take my Peugeot badged courier and leave me the Pug. I'll make a ute out of it yet!!!!!!! Just kidding.

    How did the glove box go. I have a new paper one that I'll use for a buck and redo the box again.

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts Rod Hagen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    First thing I noticed at the dealers when I bought my second sLi wagon was that they had fitted new 195/75/14's instead of the original 185/80's. It made a pronounced difference to the apparent height of the vehicle (the eye catches small differences in such things - the real difference in diameter is theoretically about 4 mm). Swapping them for the brand new 185/80 reinforced Michelins off my old wrecked wagon made an immediate difference in appearance, and enough of a difference in clearance to get over a local "front sway bar scraper" driveway without touching. I suspect the Michelins had harder side walls as well as a little more height

    With the 185/80's fitted the wagon has excellent clearnace really. I have driven mine extensively on fire trails and the like in East Gippsland without problems. Keep those rear pressures up if you have a load on. 45psi is about right.

    Cheers

    Rod
    Rod's Home Page

    Rod's car page

    Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! 1pugnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Gordon
    Go to a 4wd accessorries shop and get a pair of air bag spring helpers. They will fit inside the rear springs and can be pumped up to raise the height to what you require. It won't make it as high as a 4wd but it will make a big difference to your clearance when loaded.
    not a bad idea i will look into it thanks

    series 2 405 mi16
    205 si
    series 1 205 gti
    series 3 205 with a gti6 motor project
    1970 404 ute 504 ti motor project
    parts cars 2 205 si's 306 sedan
    2004 206 gti180

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! 1pugnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Hagen
    Might be a matter of tyre profile rather than springs I think Jamie. I don't think there was any change in spring height. However, I have rear springs from a 505 sLi if you happen to need them.

    Cheers

    Rod
    my wagon sits pritty level most of the sli and sr wagons seem to sit higher at the back I could be wrong I will have to look into it
    regards Jamie

    series 2 405 mi16
    205 si
    series 1 205 gti
    series 3 205 with a gti6 motor project
    1970 404 ute 504 ti motor project
    parts cars 2 205 si's 306 sedan
    2004 206 gti180

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! 1pugnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Whitton
    G'Day Jamie
    My suggestion:

    Pump up the tyres, leave the kids and baggage at home and enjoy, however if that fails rent a rally car or take my Peugeot badged courier and leave me the Pug. I'll make a ute out of it yet!!!!!!! Just kidding.

    How did the glove box go. I have a new paper one that I'll use for a buck and redo the box again.
    Hi phil thanks for the ideas I have not done any thing with the glove box yet
    regards Jamie

    series 2 405 mi16
    205 si
    series 1 205 gti
    series 3 205 with a gti6 motor project
    1970 404 ute 504 ti motor project
    parts cars 2 205 si's 306 sedan
    2004 206 gti180

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •