Alarm
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Alarm

Default Alarm

Possiby someone can help me here...the s16 (my s16) in cabin light doesn't turn off straight away it fades out (that's not the problem) - the problem is my alarm does not accomodate this fade out, so if you engage the alarm before the light has faded out the alarm still thinks that the door(s) are open and instead of going 'beep beep' [lock] it goes 'beep beep beep beep beep beep' [lock].. how does one fix this short of doing away with the whole fade out function?

Advertisement
    FOR SALE 1995 PEUGEOT 306S16

anyone with electrics knowledge out there?
    FOR SALE 1995 PEUGEOT 306S16

jumpin_pug
    Usually the alarm has a feed to the door switch, when the lights go off it can activate and in my alarm if the door light goes back on it triggers the alarm by sensing the power to the light. One way you could bypass it is run a seperate door switch and on a seperate circuit, if u can be arsed drilling and installing another.

Just thinking you may be able to use the handbrake light switch however the alarm wont go off until the handbrake is dropped.

Saves getting rid of the fade function, although I would asume the fade is just some kind of timer circuit which could easily be bypassed. Not sure where that unnit is though. all you would have to do is bypass the power in to this unit straight to the light

Some ideas anyway hope it helps
    para un auto de rapido fuego

Thread Information