Replacing the brake pads on an RSC
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Replacing the brake pads on an RSC

Just a quickie...

Last time i removed the rear pads i had a HELL of a time trying to push the cyclinder back in on the rears....

Advertisement

Is there something that has to be released or anything else you need to do, to push the rear cyclinder back into the brake caliper???

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Just a quickie...

Last time i removed the rear pads i had a HELL of a time trying to push the cyclinder back in on the rears....

Is there something that has to be released or anything else you need to do, to push the rear cyclinder back into the brake caliper???
    I think they are the same as Pug one's. You need to turn the piston while retracting. There's a special tool for this that you can attach to a ratchet handle.
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if your handbrake is attached to the disc caliper they rachet themselves unlike the front brakes that "float".
    Like Matt mentioned screw the piston back in. Chuck key from the angle grinder fits the Swift caliper, and may be of service to the Renault one (its U shaped head with two pins). It worked on Pug "6" as well
    Last edited by tekkie; 21st October 2004 at 10:41 PM.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

1000+ Posts

All done!!!

Thanks heaps fellas!

Edit: they'd be identical i'd say! the receipt for the pads even called the rears 306's!!!
    Last edited by nate; 22nd October 2004 at 12:59 AM.

Thread Information