Air Filter
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Air Filter

Default Air Filter

I'm thinking of putting one of those conical air filters i.e. induction kit into the car. I went to Autoparis this morning and apparently the only option i have is to custom make one, which gonna cost over $700 as the pipe that feed into the air filter cannot be taken off. Is this the case? any alternative?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by wtpug306
    I'm thinking of putting one of those conical air filters i.e. induction kit into the car. I went to Autoparis this morning and apparently the only option i have is to custom make one, which gonna cost over $700 as the pipe that feed into the air filter cannot be taken off. Is this the case? any alternative?
    ...the altenative is don't bother. There is almost NO real performance gain from a filter alone, and for $700 id be looking at new suspention rubber/bushes all round. - Chris

PS, sorry about the no answer answer, the best alternative is a K&N washable filter, that will go straight into your current airbox, then from the dirty air side of the box run somesort of ducting...
    ... ptui!

Ants

yeh i did exactly that. putting a custom kit is too exp.

i bought a k & n for my 306 from Autobarn for like ~$140 and put that in the stock airbox.

i then removed the stock piping from the bottom of the airbox and also the vacuum cleaner looking head from the front where it takes in the air. replacing this, i put some "high flow" piping, which sits just under my bumper., and flows straight up into the air box

much cheaper.,..and most likely the same effect.....but to agree, there is hardley a noticable increase in performance...and just some noise difference

thanks guys, i think i will start off with a panel filter then.....
    hey antz where did you get your high flow piping?? what are they?

HAHAH $700 now thats funny. The best part is that some dumb indonesian international student will pay that much for it too.

Wtpug your car is a slow POS, i should know, i own one to , do yourself a favour & dont spend a cent on it unless you willing to spend 5k+, its money stupidly spent.

Like chris said if you want to mod the performance of the car put good tyres & good suspension on it.

o yeah i too have a k&n panel filter, its good only cause you wont need to buy another panel filter again, otherwise its just another panel filter, some may argue its worse cause it lets more dirt into the engine

Ants

Quote Originally Posted by wtpug306
    thanks guys, i think i will start off with a panel filter then.....
    hey antz where did you get your high flow piping?? what are they?
    my "high flow" piping is rather lebanese its basically the white plastic pipe that u get from bunnings in the plumbing section....i got a pic here, ill attach for u.

its basically, a straight bit which feeds straight into the bottom of the airbox, and then one of the corner bits which has been cut at an angle which sits just below my front bumper.....i had to modify my airbox a bit though, so that it could be connected, pic from the bottom is here:

hope that helps man.

Anthony

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    Wtpug your car is a slow POS, i should know, i own one to , do yourself a favour & dont spend a cent on it unless you willing to spend 5k+, its money stupidly spent.
    spend $1,500 driving courses & i'll garuntee you'll go faster & be safer than if you put every mod on your car

Thread Information