renault - sony headunit. HELP!
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

Default renault - sony headunit. HELP!

I am currently in the process of fitting a sony cd player into my renault 19, I am having problems matching up the wires on the sony headunit to the renault loom, does anyone know what the two black leads on the renault loom should conect to and how the rear speakers hook up. thanx in advance.

Advertisement
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

Dave, if you get stuck ( i don't know 19's) i can show you a way to figure it all out. Let me know if no other Ren-nut can tell us otherwise. - Chris
    ... ptui!

good luck,im an audio engineer and have put together some of the largest p.a. systems in the world[toured with ac/dc].ok you say you should be able to figure out a simple car stereo set-up.wrong!ive put stereos in every pug i had [3-504's]but when i opened up the wiring for my 205 i went what in hell is goin on here.to tell you the truth im gettin lazy in my old age and couldnt be bothered with the multi-meter search so i paid $40 to a stereo installer to do it.slack i know but as homer says-what are you gunna do.also i was installing a very expensive md player in the car and didnt want to risk it .the colouring on the 205 looms leaves alot to be desired
    the thing that initially threw me was that some euro cars dont use a negative in the speaker lead but ground all speakers to the body.eliminating wire usage i spose.so when you try to wire match the looms it looks wrong.
    maybe chris.16 can give you the tip he was saying on the last post.
    see ya -BAZZ

farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by dave from bendigo
    I am currently in the process of fitting a sony cd player into my renault 19, I am having problems matching up the wires on the sony headunit to the renault loom, does anyone know what the two black leads on the renault loom should conect to and how the rear speakers hook up. thanx in advance.
    Do you know what type radio was originally fitted to your 19?, or do you have any of the original wiring harness? ( there are about 6 different options). As a general rule, the phillips/renault radios have all the speaker terminals on one plug and power etc on another plug.

Farmerdave

Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

No I had a pioneer head unit, but you will be happy to hear that my dad and I have successfully fitted the cd player, the reason that it was difficult was because the wires were different and the original radio had the speakers wired in series, the sony diagram did not, it took a while (5 hours) but now that it's done I feel alot more confident in wiring up and cd player to a car, cheers for all the help, Dave
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

When i did mine on my peugeot i found it a lot easier to just run new audio wires straight from the head unit to the speakers...the wires in the car were quite old and thin...but this way you get new good quality audio wire and if there are any problems you can find them straight away.
    Blood Orange 2006 Renault Megane Sport Cup
    Silver 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    Green 1973 Alfa Romeo 105 GTV 2000

Thread Information