Whistle like the wind
  • Register
  • Help

Default Whistle like the wind

The rubber door surrounds on my Pug 309 are getting a little tired/perished and letting in a bit of road noise. I have just had a quote from the main puegeot dealer in Auckland for the rear drivers side = NZ$260 +GST ex France!! (Not as bad as the quote I once had from them for the digital clock unit of over NZ$1000 - I kid you not). There has to be a better way/price. Is anyone aware of some more realistic prices for rubber door surrounds (in NZ or Aus)?
    Cheers
    Chris

Advertisement

Oops - this shouldn't really be in the Technical and Performance forum - but hey better aerodynamics might give me better performance.

Fellow Frogger!

No one in Australia is going to be of help I would think, they never saw the 309.

Maybe visit some wreckers, although they might be in the same state as yours.

Look into importing yourself from English sites? Peugeot/Citroen parts from English spare parts dealers can be rediculously cheap, so if you can deal with freight it could be good.

Thanks Louis. Will check out some UK websites.

how bad are the seals exactly?....torn? cracked) are they coming away from panels.......the reason I ask this is that you could try a temporary repair...ie buy some adhesive silicone (black) ......remove offending seal gently and reattach back but this time use some sillicone ahesive as a packer/selant/adhesive......this will sometimes bring the rubber seal OUT just enough so it seals more tightly aginst the panel.....I m not sure about the 309 seals.....but I ve heard of some seals being injected with silicone to FIRM them up and give them some bounce (tube type).....its also possible to repair/fill some cracks in seals just by filling offending area with silicone and after its cured shaping seal back with a super sharp blade.........It might just be enough to save your sanity till you get GOOD replacemnt seals.....

cheers

dino....

Cheers Dino - some great tips there. The seals are in reasonably good nick. No cuts, tears or cracks - just lacking, I guess, in the bounce/volume/elasticity department which = air and road noise coming in. I will try to get some adhesive silicone as you suggest to plump them up a bit. Perhaps I could get some collagen injected in there!!

Thread Information