new pug motors
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: new pug motors

Default new pug motors

i was talking recently with someone who says that about a year and a half ago they purchased a NEW 505 MOTOR through city peugeot .it cost $3000 odd.
    it was supposed to be brand new not reconditioned or remanufactured,
    could this be true?
    if so can you buy a NEW 205 gti motor-BAZZZ

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

it could be true

i have heard of some engines that the dealers can get at good prices when there is a clearance on the go

i heard a while ago that a 405 diesel engine could be had for around the $1000 mark minus pump and other things of course

it was just the straight motor

not a bad price and from what i remember there were 7 of them

if you keep in touch with a good dealer you may hear of such deals coming up every now and then

mind you it doesn't happen very often
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    it could be true

i have heard of some engines that the dealers can get at good prices when there is a clearance on the go

i heard a while ago that a 405 diesel engine could be had for around the $1000 mark minus pump and other things of course

it was just the straight motor

not a bad price and from what i remember there were 7 of them

if you keep in touch with a good dealer you may hear of such deals coming up every now and then

mind you it doesn't happen very often
    thanks for the tip,ill keep my ear and eyes open,i might ring peugeot sydney tommorrow just to see whats on the go,
    when you mean minus pumps ect i suppose that would include starter,alternater ,ect.do you get ,just the block? with new pistons ect,is this right ?
    -BAZZ

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    thanks for the tip,ill keep my ear and eyes open,i might ring peugeot sydney tommorrow just to see whats on the go,
    when you mean minus pumps ect i suppose that would include starter,alternater ,ect.do you get ,just the block? with new pistons ect,is this right ?
    -BAZZ

it was for a bare motor

complete bar ancillaries

you get new pots and so on but things like starter and the like you don't get

good luck getting any info out of pug syd as they keep it fairly close to their chest when they do things like this and it is normally only the dealers that get to know about it
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Apparently the engine they put in my S16 when the last owner flooded it was new. NFI on the price, though I heard a recon'd one fitted was around $5k if it could be sourced.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Apparently the engine they put in my S16 when the last owner flooded it was new. NFI on the price, though I heard a recon'd one fitted was around $5k if it could be sourced.
    I heard that Peugeot in France can build bare T16 motors for around 500 pounds although I'd hate to think of the shipping costs here. Good engine though if you were thinking of turbo ing it.
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

A replacement TU5JP4 for our 307 was quoted at 13K before fitting. That was fairly amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    I heard that Peugeot in France can build bare T16 motors for around 500 pounds although I'd hate to think of the shipping costs here. Good engine though if you were thinking of turbo ing it.

that sounds awfully cheap for them to do a one off every now and then like that

500pound = approx $1200AUD

be interesting to find out more about that as i am sure there are people that would like to get hold of them or even the parts to build them

as for the new engines through peugeot

they do dcome up every so often and offered to dealers to which they grab them if needed

$1000 for a 405 SRDT engine makes for a good profit margin
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Icon10

Hi Pugrambo,

I saw this on a UK site www.pugheaven.co.uk (i think). Have a look through there but I agree it sounds like a good idea to get a couple over here

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    that sounds awfully cheap for them to do a one off every now and then like that

500pound = approx $1200AUD

be interesting to find out more about that as i am sure there are people that would like to get hold of them or even the parts to build them

as for the new engines through peugeot

they do dcome up every so often and offered to dealers to which they grab them if needed

$1000 for a 405 SRDT engine makes for a good profit margin
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

my dad got a brand new block from honda, for his 88 integra still in new box, for $500 because they were having a factory clearance.
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

1000+ Posts

My brother bought a brand new factory engine for a BMW 520i when it was 13 years old - came in a pine crate with BMW stickers on all sides. Pretty nice sight, actually, in the crate...

On the other hand, an acquaintance asked me to talk to Alfa about a motor for his 164 (3.0 V6) - a mere $20K thank you very much!

Bottom line is that it's still feasible to get factory motors.

Stuey

i have spoken tp peugeot today and they said it may be a possability and they are getting back to me with result.i have asked for a new 205 gti 1.9 series 3 motor.
    i will post result-BAZZ

yep they got back and yep the motors are still available,series 3 motor and wiring loom from city peugeot melbourne are 11,000 bucks.go for it if you have the redys-BAZZ

11k is just a bit more than 3k! its not really worthwile going for new unless youre getting a good price, and 11000 is NOT a good price!

Quote Originally Posted by Janek
    11k is just a bit more than 3k! its not really worthwile going for new unless youre getting a good price, and 11000 is NOT a good price!

absafarginloutly,if i could have got one under say $5000 i would have got it and stored till i needed it.even 5 is a bit but what are you gunna do buy a new model pug ,personaly no thanks-bazz

i got another call from peugeot to tell me that thet looked up their records and the said 505 exec that was in the original thread was in fact installed with a reconditioned motor and quoted the rego and owners surname.its the same car,i think she is under the impresion that it was a new motoer,that explains the $3000 motor then.oh well i thought it was too good to be true .
    -BAZZ

Ill take 3 new bx donks if they have them

Thread Information