Gti 180 wheel repair required in sydney
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Gti 180 wheel repair required in sydney

Hi Fellas

I had an interesting one last night where I clipped a silent cop (those stupid circular things) that they used to put on the roads. The edge of the wheel has been slightly chipped and bent. I heard there is this guy called the mag man if I ma not mistaken.

Has any one used him before to repair an alloy wheel? More importantly does anyone recommend a certain wheel repairer in sydney?

Advertisement

Thanks in advance!
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Where abouts in Sydney are you? I have a contact in the City that can repair for you, depending on the damage of course.
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omak had a few of his wheels repaired recently and was very happy with the job. I think it's a mobile guy, ie. he comes to you. Refer to this thread:

Wheel Repair

...for the details.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

Cool fellas

Thanks for the response! Just another question does anyone here recommend a certain wheel alignment. Apparently liverpool pedders is supposed to be alright? I found some threads on the matter and the general idea is that most places are pretty ordinary when it comes to wheel alignment.
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

I've been to my local Bridgestone Tyre Centre a few times and have had no problems with them, but I have heard a few bad stories I guess. If you are worried about their data, you could always go to Peugeot Logic and print out the wheel alignment data there and hand it to whoever you go to.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Jim, yeah I heard about this yesterday..sorry for you mate I haven't seen many silent policeman down here in Adelaide (in general they tend to be incompetent loudmouths ) but yeah Sydney seems to have a fair share.

I've found my car to be very sensitive to toe settings (that's the only adjustable setting on my car..not sure if that's also the case with the '180). Definitely worth taking it to a place that knows what it's doing.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Fellow Frogger!

Hey People

I just got the wheel repaired from the the quikfix man and darn it it looks good! I higly recommend em and it only set me back $100. Also it seems that the last time I looked at the tyre I was much more pissed off than I should have been and it looks like I wont need to replace it. Seeing as I have currently done 8800 kliks I am thinking off holding out for the wheel alignment until I do a tyre rotation at about the 10000 kay mark.

Phew I am feeling better now.... And next time I am paying attention for silent cops.
    Bad_Karma

Was it George that came out to do the job? I was very happy with the fix on my wheel!!

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    Hey People

I just got the wheel repaired from the the quikfix man and darn it it looks good! I higly recommend em and it only set me back $100. Also it seems that the last time I looked at the tyre I was much more pissed off than I should have been and it looks like I wont need to replace it. Seeing as I have currently done 8800 kliks I am thinking off holding out for the wheel alignment until I do a tyre rotation at about the 10000 kay mark.

Phew I am feeling better now.... And next time I am paying attention for silent cops.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    Was it George that came out to do the job? I was very happy with the fix on my wheel!!
    Yep it was george alright!
    Bad_Karma

1000+ Posts

Default DIY Option

Dont forget the faithful DIY option!

Wont work on cracked/bent rims, but scratches/gouges are easy enough...

Clean it, prep it, Add Spot putty, sand it flat & paint...
    Take your time, the hardest part is matching the paint, worse comes to worse you'll have to get the wheel guy in & you're $30 outta pocket...

Worth the trouble... i got good results

Thread Information