Renault/Peugeot/Volvo induction system
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault/Peugeot/Volvo induction system

Does anyone know if the head on Peugeot and Volvo has the same induction manifold spacing as a Fuego?

Advertisement

Yep, I know an R21 or R25 will fit, but I havenít been able to find on in good condition for a realistic price Ė anyone has the gear let me know.

I want to use the fuel injection parts to put on my Fuego with a Wolf3D V4 injection/ignition ECU.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequatly explained by stupidity.

I you want I can measure the port spacings as I have the puggy version of this engine in bits at the moment.

Let me know

Jarrod

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel
    Does anyone know if the head on Peugeot and Volvo has the same induction manifold spacing as a Fuego?

Yep, I know an R21 or R25 will fit, but I havenít been able to find on in good condition for a realistic price Ė anyone has the gear let me know.

I want to use the fuel injection parts to put on my Fuego with a Wolf3D V4 injection/ignition ECU.
    The studs are at a different position, you need to make adaptor plates.
    However, the various engine mounting slants are taken care of. For example an R20 manifold will line up horizontal on a 505. Volvo didn't use this engine, but Citroen did in the CX.
    Graham

Jack
    A 21 manifold will not fit onto a fuego obviously, I have just finished this conversion myself, and I used the 21 manifold and 21 Head.
    As for the fuego head the studs are out by a bit and there are extra cutouts in the head. Tecnically you could get it to fit if you wanted to re-tap stud holes and go at the head with a die-grinder, but with all the stuffing around you may as well just get the 21 head.
    I do have a spare 21 manifold with throttle body for sale too
    Last edited by GunnaWanna; 15th October 2004 at 08:35 PM.

PS try Reno Spares, i think they had some 21 heads down there. about a couple of hundered bucks from memory, these werent recoed thou

Wait for a good 21/25 head though Its less hassle and they are guarateed to fit.

Thread Information