Renault Clio Coils
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault Clio Coils

My daughter has purchased a 1.4 Clio. 2002 build. The dealer advised to switch on the ignition and wait for a light on the dash to turn off before starting the engine. This will help the spark plug coil life. The Clio has travelled only 40000 Klms and has just had the coils replaced. Is this a commom problem.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Never heard it mentioned about the RenaultSport Clio's...
    Not sure if they're the same parts etc :|

Fellow Frogger!

Default renault coils

working for a renault dealer in melb i have never heard such crap in all my time.
    There was a problem with coils on 1.4 and 1.6 clios and meganes and some v6 clios but there problem is being solved progressivley they have changed coils brands .
    so any cars with earlier coils IF they play up they are all replaced under warrnty no questions asked so don t worry what the dealer told her is a load of bullocks
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

Default Clio coils

Thanks Daniel, it sounded like rubbish. You have confirmed the coil problem and they were replaced under warranty. I see there is an oil level warning on the instrument panel, it is good to see the clever bits have been continued. My child is not likely to get out and check the oil. My 20TS has an engine oil indicator similar to Citroens I have owned. Also relative to the coils, this Clio has a plastic conduit around the coil low tension leads and the "sharp" end is rubbing through the cable insulation. Is this a standard conduit ? Also does any one know the normal clutch life for a Clio ? The clutch operates at the "full out" pedal travel and I have not yet got used to it. I usually stall it at take off the first time.

1000+ Posts

Pierre, sounds like the guy has read about diesel variants with glow plugs that should be warmed before starting from cold...!

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre
    The clutch operates at the "full out" pedal travel and I have not yet got used to it. I usually stall it at take off the first time.
    This would be normal. I had a Rent-A-Clio 1.4 last year same thing, a very sharp clutch with take up at the top of the pedal. Heard about it from other people too.

Thread Information