306 Exhaust
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 Exhaust

Default 306 Exhaust

This is going to be hard to explain with out seeing it but i'll give it a go.
    the little metal rope thing that the end of the muffler and the exhaust hang off broke, causing the muffler's inlet bit to be ripped off. Now i can't connect the exhaust to the muffler. for the moment i have used some wire so they can hang next to each other. Looks like i will need a new muffler. how much will it cost and would it be a good idea getting something better then a stock one???

Advertisement

If only you had posted this yesterday!

I had a cat-back system put on mine today, and the old stuff was just thrown out. You could have had the old muffler and bits and pieces!

Adam.

Icon9

Damn, to bad i guess. Would it be hard to get a free (or cheep) second hand one? Alternatively i might see if it would be possible to weld back together.

Its welded back togeter but is badly rusted and i will need a new one soon. the guy at the exhaust joint said it would be $320 for a new one does that sound right?

Does every one know about as much about this as me??? Would i be better off spending a bit more and getting something better or will it be a waste of money? i forgot to say its for a 306 xt.

I have a gti6 and the muffler had a little crack on the front face which I've welded up as a temporary measure. Sooner or later it'll fail, and will need to be replaced. Ringing up the dealerships, I was quoted around $900 for the oem muffler After a lot more ringing around, I called a pug mechanic in Sydney, Paul Vassalo at AP Automotive 9817 2134 and he told me there's a company in WA that makes replacement mufflers for Euro cars and charges half of what the car companies do. Might be worthwhile giving him a call to discuss??
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Thread Information