205 GTI 1.9 exhaust advice
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 205 GTI 1.9 exhaust advice

Hi everyone,

The previous owner of my 88 205 GTi took the machine to a complete bunch of morons who ripped out the entire exhaust system, including the cat, and put this horrible 2-inch right through disaster onto it. The result is a shuddering shaking mess that farts like a bull on beans.

Advertisement

So, what are my options? I can't find anywhere around where I live that will give me some sensible advice regarding my wee black beastie. I want the noise to go, the cat back (people tell me this is bad for the smooth running of the car - I dunno, apart from having the brains to buy a Pug, I'm an idiot when it comes to these things).

I've also got what appear to be very brittle bumpers but they can wait.

Thanks in advance...

Try & get a stock exhaust system from a wrecker, from what i hear the stock 205 gti exhaust is perfect as is.

Tadpole

Rockin', thanks.

The fact that the exhaust is good as is makes you wonder why the other clown allowed that excuse for an exhaust to be put on...

Cheers,

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by zerogeewhiz
    Rockin', thanks.

The fact that the exhaust is good as is makes you wonder why the other clown allowed that excuse for an exhaust to be put on...

Cheers,

Z.
    Cause he'z a dumbsh*t, i think a bigger exhaust is only of any benefit if you've done extensive engine work. Otherwise put on your cat woman suit & duck out at night, find yourself a gti & chop tha exhaust off with your angle grinder, then get your lebbo mate to weld it on to yours.

Otherwise put on your cat woman suit & duck out at night, find yourself a gti & chop tha exhaust off with your angle grinder, then get your lebbo mate to weld it on to yours
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    Otherwise put on your cat woman suit & duck out at night, find yourself a gti & chop tha exhaust off with your angle grinder, then get your lebbo mate to weld it on to yours.
    Crikey, how did you know?

Thread Information