205 steering ?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 steering ?

Default 205 steering ?

please,how many turns from centre to full lock on the 205 gti series 1 1987[manual rack],
    that is from the wheel being centred to full lock left.or right.
    im having a rack rebuilt and they keep on getting it wrong,cant find relative info in haines manual.
    first it didnt go full lock right,and now its 2 1/2 turns left and 2 turns right.
    got it done by prestige power steering in thomastown so please dont recomend to go there,they were suppose to be reputable.but it seems ive been once again caught by the ever dwindiling quality of tradsmen that seem to operate in the car industry these days[no offence to the honest hard working mechanics out there ,i know you do exist].
    is there any other place anyone knows of to get a 205 manual steering rack rebuilt in melbourne?
    ta BAZZ

Advertisement

Auto paris would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Auto paris would do it.
    thanks for the reply but auto paris wanted over $500 do to reco it.another $300 and id have a new one.they do good work but i cant justify the quotes ,usually 80-100percent over other quotes.
    prestige and a and b have the reputation but a and b dont do steering racks anymore since they sold the buisness last year.ive got justin fisher looking at it at the moment.i trust him to do it at a resonable price.
    heres hoping-BAZZ

Try French Connection.
    Been described to me as a culture shock after dealing with others. They are froggy enthusiasts and good experienced tradesmen to boot.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information