Tadpole

Default Air filters for 307

Hey everyone im after a K & N pod filter for my 307 1.6L, can anyone help

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Black307
    Hey everyone im after a K & N pod filter for my 307 1.6L, can anyone help
    K&N sell a K&N 57i Induction Kits #57-0484
    http://www.knfilterchargers.com/sear...x?Prod=57-0484
    You can souce the kit from autospeed or rocket industries.

Tim

1000+ Posts

I'll chime in first and say can I ask why? All a pod filter does is make noise... Nothing you do to a 1.6L 307 is going to make it anything more than the boringly reliable car it is. Some may even challenge that

If you want a performance car, buy one... The 307 is a good car, but not a sports car.

Derek

Tadpole

maybe a few people want to try some different things, im sorry i don't meet ur level!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa
    I'll chime in first and say can I ask why? All a pod filter does is make noise... Nothing you do to a 1.6L 307 is going to make it anything more than the boringly reliable car it is. Some may even challenge that

If you want a performance car, buy one... The 307 is a good car, but not a sports car.

Derek

Funny thing is that K&N only make the 57i kit for the 1.6 and the 2.0 Diesel, but not for the 2lt petrol.

donno what value that added..

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa

Derek

One good reason is that you will save a lot of money over the years, particularly if you drive on a lot of dusty roads. The K and Ns have unlimited life.
    And lets face it the 1.6 probably needs a performance boost more than the other cars.

Graham Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    One good reason is that you will save a lot of money over the years, particularly if you drive on a lot of dusty roads. The K and Ns have unlimited life.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    And lets face it the 1.6 probably needs a performance boost more than the other cars.

Graham Wallis

Don't take this the wrong way, BUT.....I understand your comment about dusty roads, and I was about to leave this thread alone. HOWEVER!!!!! the words 307 1.6l and performance should not be used in the same sentence, I have said it before and I will say it again, the 307 is a great car if used for what it was built for (travelling from point A to B), the only way you will get any performance out of that car is if you put MYT205's engine or my engine in it.
    Sorry but that's fact.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Gak306

Don't take this the wrong way, BUT.....I understand your comment about dusty roads, and I was about to leave this thread alone. HOWEVER!!!!! the words 307 1.6l and performance should not be used in the same sentence, I have said it before and I will say it again, the 307 is a great car if used for what it was built for (travelling from point A to B), the only way you will get any performance out of that car is if you put MYT205's engine or my engine in it.
    Sorry but that's fact.

Even so PUG307's 1.6 auto had enough performance to get him into some serious trouble on the DECA long circuit a couple of years back!
    Graham

Sorry but that's fact.

for a person who is trying to sell performance parts to us AFers, yr kinda shooing yrself in da foot arent ya?

Quote Originally Posted by nggy
    for a person who is trying to sell performance parts to us AFers, yr kinda shooing yrself in da foot arent ya?

Not really, the parts I have would not go on the 307, they are purely for the 306.
    Like I said earlier, I have driven the 307 on MANY MANY occasions and the ride is great, they handle quite well, and have all the creature comforts one looks for in a car, but Performance car it ain't!!!!

Tadpole

Not really, the parts I have would not go on the 307, they are purely for the 306.
    Like I said earlier, I have driven the 307 on MANY MANY occasions and the ride is great, they handle quite well, and have all the creature comforts one looks for in a car, but Performance car it ain't!!!!

The filter was not meant for the performance side of things, it was cause i hate panel filters

Quote Originally Posted by Black307
    The filter was not meant for the performance side of things, it was cause i hate panel filters
    I'm not having a go at you or anything, but what is it you don't like about panel filters?

Troy.

Let the guy, put the damn pod filter on!
    It might not do anything, but it will be a nice little experiment to kill some
    time. start off by buying a real cheap one, then, decide if you want to keep
    a pod, then either buy a good pod (ie; K&N) or put the original back on.
    I've tried it on my 505 and found that it makes the car sound faster, but,
    that's about it. do it anyway!

84 505 GTi - Sold to a friend... written off 3 months later

Tadpole

Hi Black 307

Can't help you on the K&N pod filter but check out the Green Forced Air Induction Kit on my 307 1.6. Just love the wicked induction note, not to mention the additional power i seem to have at motorway speeds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air filters for 307-green-induction-kit.jpg  

Tadpole

Default thats crap

the 307 is a great little car and although it aint the meanest thing to come outta france it aint that bad either...

you could easily upgrade a 307 even if it is a auto and only 1.6L...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...489128833&rd=1

or maybe even a nice little turbo....

get your facts straight... any peugeot can be changed in to a horned beast... just depends how much effort you are willing to put in to it...

Quote Originally Posted by KingKurac
    the 307 is a great little car and although it aint the meanest thing to come outta france it aint that bad either...

you could easily upgrade a 307 even if it is a auto and only 1.6L...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...489128833&rd=1

or maybe even a nice little turbo....

get your facts straight... any peugeot can be changed in to a horned beast... just depends how much effort you are willing to put in to it...

OK this might be a strange question, how is a 305 carby going to help a 307?? even if it is New Old Stock (NOS)

Last edited by crosspug; 12th September 2004 at 01:10 AM.
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Tadpole

Magic!!!

BLACK307 I've noticed a lot of ppl trying to beg u out mate
    don't listen to them man and just do the mod
    Just as long it makes u happy (thats how i c it )
    I really don't understand y ppl begs the 307
    i personally love it even mine is a AUTO......
    Tell us how u go with the mod BLACK307 !!!

Thread Information