205 jerky deceleration
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 jerky deceleration

i get a jerky reaction when i take off my foot suddenly on the 205 gti accelerator,i have seem similar questions posed before and was generally thought to be fuel pressure regulator.
    however when describing the symptoms to my peugeot mechanic he tells me it is the diff.
    any thoughts would be appreciated-BAZZ
    the mechanic is justin fischer so he knows what he is talking about,its confusing me though.

Advertisement

This sounds like the decel fuel cut built into the ECU, not exactly subtle is it!
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    i get a jerky reaction when i take off my foot suddenly on the 205 gti accelerator,i have seem similar questions posed before and was generally thought to be fuel pressure regulator.
    however when describing the symptoms to my peugeot mechanic he tells me it is the diff.
    any thoughts would be appreciated-BAZZ
    the mechanic is justin fischer so he knows what he is talking about,its confusing me though.

Did you replace the engine mount buffers as I suggested.?

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Did you replace the engine mount buffers as I suggested.?

Graham
    not only the top mount limiters/buffers but the gearbox/trans mount along with a host of new bits and peices.got the valve clearences and shims done ,cambelt, water pump,tensioner as it was time for it all .i must say with the new shocks and reco steering rack,it drives like a new car,well it nearly is a new car with all this stuff.
    i suddenly have the power back i was losing over the past months.
    with the jerky deceleration ,it does not seem as bad now after the mounts ect have been replaced ,but its still there.its less noticable as the motor is not sloppin around now but its still there
    when i mentioned the symptoms to justin the mechanic ,he seems to think its play in the diff.
    not saying you guys are wrong just wondering.
    if its the diff ill just live with it ,ive just spent the yearly budget for maintenence all in three days.not complaining just telling it like it is.
    by the way ,what is a decel fuel cut built in the ecu actualy mean. i know what the ecu is but the rest escapes me-
    ta -BAZZ

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    by the way ,what is a decel fuel cut built in the ecu actualy mean. i know what the ecu is but the rest escapes me-
    ta -BAZZ
    Basically programmed into the ECU is a feature to cut the fuel supply at low revs and closed throttle.

Here's an explantion someone else had already prepared:

There are a couple reasons I know of for cutting off fuel: to improve
    fuel economy and to reduce misfiring, backfiring and pop backs. Combustion
    isn't very good at very low manifold pressures, such as in a decel,
    resulting in misfires, etc. Reducing fuel (but not cutting it off) would
    make the problem worse because of the lean fuel/air mixture. When the
    engine misfires, unburned fuel and air pass through the engine and into the
    exhaust and catalytic converter. The high temperature in the catalyst will
    cause the fuel/air to burn in the catalyst, overheating and eventually
    melting the catalyst.
    Regards,
    Matt
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio

thanx matt thats was very helpfull and informative-BAZZ

Thread Information