STi/GTi fuel regulator upgrade
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Icon4 STi/GTi fuel regulator upgrade

Anyone know if there are any other fuel regs of greater pressure that will bolt onto the std Sti/GTi fuel rail? The std reg has a pressure of 2.5 bar. Do Bosch make others of say 2.9 bar or greater? I know you can get adjustable fuel regs but they cost the earth.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Icon5

Anyone?....Do any of the Saab, Volvo or BMW cars have adjustable Bosch regs that would go up past 2.5 bar?

wild guess here, but as far as i know a few of the volvos are rather hungry devils, maybe have a look down that path... i guess pugrambo would know better than myself...

how goes the hybrid?

leaving ricers in the dust yet?

-Janek

Tadpole

The fuel pressure reg on my BMW E30 325i is 3.0bar

The fuel injection system is a Bosch Motronic.

all the other 6 cylinder E30's had a 2.5, so if it fits ok you must get a 325i one.

Says 3.0bar on it

Tadpole

Check out the SAAB ones, you can get 2.5, 2.8 and 3.0 and all are bosch. You can get the 3.0 bar off any C900 or 9000 (later models) BUT THEY MUST BE NORMALLY ASPIRATED.

Fellow Frogger!

Excellent! I will look into all these suggestions. Do all these regs have a vacumn fitting? And why must I only go for the naturally aspirated Saab reg and not the turbo?

Janek it gets closer and closer! Only thing left now is to sort out the drive shaft noise (when I have more time) and then it's off to the engineer for a certificate. And then its on with the happy hat.

Tadpole

First, sorry for the REALLY late reply.
    All have vacuum fittings. The NA Saabs have the higher pressures. The turbo have larger injectors and different fuel maps in the eproms and don't need the pressure.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Geekypimp. I have since learned that some Pug 405s run 3 bar regs! With any luck they will have same fitting as sti/gti. If this doesnt prove true will definitely check out Saabs.

Thread Information