306 air intake
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 air intake

Ants

Default 306 air intake

is there really that much of a difference between an after market air intake, or say a K & N flat panel in stock airbox?

like is it worth spending the extra and gettin an air intake?....i have an exhaust on my car if that helps to make any difference....thx

Advertisement

anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Ants
    is there really that much of a difference between an after market air intake, or say a K & N flat panel in stock airbox?

like is it worth spending the extra and gettin an air intake?....i have an exhaust on my car if that helps to make any difference....thx

anthony
    I'd be really interested to know how much better these devices really are than the originally factory-engineered air intake. Our original 306 system seems to let air into the engine pretty well.

Feedback welcome.....

Cheers

JohnW

1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

i the stock air filter is too low in the engine bay, I know a couple of people that In heavy rain have F**cked their engines from water being sucked into the engine, say from puddles and general spray. Although this wouldnt be common i know of it and it freaks me out, I would get an induction kit just so it sits higher. But the stock airbox flows beautifully.

Tadpole

After pulling out my airbox to change the stepper motor on my 306 (mmm. 3000rpm idle...nice ) to get easy access to the two torx screws - I thought the layout was fairly good and cannot see how on earth water would get into the engine unless you did a river crossing

well water did get in, i think she drove through a puddle that was a little too deep. go figure.

Its not that great a design, piping is too long and not direct enough, they do flow nicely though.

Quote Originally Posted by evolvetoGTi6
    well water did get in, i think she drove through a puddle that was a little too deep. go figure.

Its not that great a design, piping is too long and not direct enough, they do flow nicely though.
    They only I can see that is if maybe the water got in through the bottom cover on the airfilter box.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by evolvetoGTi6
    i the stock air filter is too low in the engine bay, I know a couple of people that In heavy rain have F**cked their engines from water being sucked into the engine, say from puddles and general spray. Although this wouldnt be common i know of it and it freaks me out, I would get an induction kit just so it sits higher. But the stock airbox flows beautifully.
    But the intake starts slightly to the right of the peugeot badge, which is quite high up on the car. From that intake opening, it takes a downward path to quite a low point, then goes up slightly and that's where the airbox is located (as a vertical cylinder) which then goes up to the engine. I can't see how it's worse off for picking up water than any other intake. Any water entering high up will first drop down, then needs to be passed through the filter then make its way up the pipe to the engine. The low location of the airbox has nothing to do with picking up water, because the actual intake (opening) is high up. If these people picked up water, either they've driven through a flood or there was some defect breach within their particular intake system.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Thread Information