Fake Carbon Fiber FIlm
  • Register
  • Help

Icon10 Fake Carbon Fiber FIlm

Hey Guys.. I'm after some mouldable fake carbon fibre film to put on my 205.

( ducks and dodges the blow about to come my way )

In all seriousness.. I have severly cracked dash hood instrument panel binnacle in my 205 gti, and have tried numerous places and sources to find a new one, all with no luck.. I have no intention of ricing my car, buy figure putting some of that on.. hopefully the black not the grey looking stuff, would hide the only obvious defect in my interior..

Anyway.. does anyone know where I can get some in Sydney, which is heat mouldable, reasonably plyable and wont cost the earth, and hopefully looks fairly decent.

any advise would be appreciated.

Advertisement

Cheers
    Delan
    90' 205 gti

Fellow Frogger!

I was lucky and got a second-hand binnacle and had it recoloured looks brand new.. another member Scothopper is having his interior done in fake carbon, it is quite hard to work with but if you are patient it may turn out ok, go to any auto parts store in particular Autobarn,I know they sell it I think it varies from $60 - $100 a roll. You will need a decent heat gun or patience with a hair dryer.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

How about covering it in Alcantara (fake suede) would probably look heaps better, not ricey, and probably easier DIY?
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey yeah Scott.. I'd apreciate that..( you can just email me through 206.gti.net if you like ) Thanks ! I have asked around, but the quotes so far have been pretty expensive ( 300 to 600 ) and that is to do the whole dash.. I wouldnt mind doing the whole thing in alacantra either Matt but, I've seen a few too many Honda's and Rexxies around the way with that.. besides.. for what I 've spent on the car so far I can't really justify throwing too much more money at it. ( the whole idea behind buying the 205 was just for some cheap thrills ).

Just want it too look respectable.. and not show a massive crack and missing chunk in the corner.

Oh.. I got a near new reflecitve rear hatch panel.. I just stripped off the old double sided tape, and cleaned it thouroughly, and was leaving it in the garage till the weekend to fit it, one of my old's dropped a box on the bench it was on and shattered it into about 5 pieces.. I am so not happy.
    Delan
    90' 205 gti

Thread Information