205 tye rod quotes
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default 205 tye rod quotes

    i was getting quotes today from a few different people in melb and was amazed at the difference in price of tye rod ends for the 205 gti
    peugeot wants $115 each a total of $230
    euro auto imports want $35 each a total of $70
    second quote is for non genuine.
    has anyone used these cheaper type of tye rod that euro auto imports sell[sorry cant recall brand]
    i know you usualy get what you pay for but i am astonished at peugeot prices when at times the same thing can be got elsewhere and most times genuine parts.
    i dont want to have to change them again soon which is what i was worried about if i bought the cheaper ones.
    cheers -BAZZ

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Bazz,

    Genuine prices are nearly always ridiculously more than non-geniune prices and the funny thing is some of the stuff comes out of the same factory. Go over your 205 and youll prob find something with valeo stamped on it. Alot of things like alts and starters, when you open the Peugeot or Renault part box they come in, will actually be from companies like valeo etc. Unfortunatley u cant get every part non-genuine and ya have to just deal with genuine prices. I wouldn't be too worried about a non-genuine 205 tie rod wearing quicker than a Peugeot boxed item. Also give Caravelle in Box Hill a call to get a quote 9890 9061.

    Jensen

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts Luca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Peugeot don't make brake light/indicator clusters or windscreen wiper blades so they out scourced it to Valeo. That's why there's Valeo parts on your 205.

    At the end of the day it comes down to how much you love your 205 and if it deserves genuine parts....

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Peugeot don't make brake light/indicator clusters or windscreen wiper blades so they out scourced it to Valeo. That's why there's Valeo parts on your 205.

    At the end of the day it comes down to how much you love your 205 and if it deserves genuine parts....
    hmm interesting opinion.luca,so it all comes down to throwing good money away just to prove to yourself that you are more in love with your car than someone else.i was always taught to check out the opposition and try to hunt for a bargain rather than just pay the price quoted and leave it at that.
    you can get genuine parts cheaper at other places than peugeot and they are NOT ALWAYS SUPERIOR.

    if you only new how much money i have spent on the fix-er-uppa 205 i have,
    im not complaining as it is a labour of love.
    im about to refit THE ENTIRE STEARING ,SHOCKERS,STRUT MOUNTINGS,TYE ROD ENDS ,RECO RACK ECT.
    BUSHES INNER /OUTER ARE DONE so i dont have to do THEM
    .im tryin to save a little money on a big project,not an unreasonable thing to ask is it?
    and my question acctually related to asking if the cheaper tye rods had been used by someone to see their opinion.aftermarket parts arnt allways crap.
    after the front end work i have cam belt, shims and valve clearances to deal with,
    see what i mean about spending money.
    by the time ive finished it will cost me a bit so thats where the word budget comes in .
    everything i bought is genuine ,didnt get em at peugeot tho.
    i was just amazed at the difference between $70 and $230
    anyways ive ranted long enough, see ya -BAZZ

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts Luca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Maybe that's why your car will never win any awards.

    Did you put some nice aftermarket eibach springs in it??
    Last edited by Luca; 22nd August 2004 at 03:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Maybe that's why your car will never win any awards.

    Did you put some nice aftermarket eibach springs in it??
    im still trying to figure out what your snyde smarta**e imature comments have to do with my original question .
    mate try www,bitch.com if you want to leave rude irrelevant bull***t on peoples threads.
    im genually trying to find out info here.
    and what in the hell does 'winning awards' do but bolster your ego and prove yet again luca that you are deluding yourself.
    so its all got to do with buying genuine parts and winning awards to prove you love your car more than the next guy.
    thanks for the info .but please in future keep your smart answers for the others at kinda
    BAZZ

  7. #7
    Moderator Alan S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    8,923

    Default

    Apart from body panels and major mechanicals, I don't know what else car makers manufacture apart from boxes to put parts in they then mark as "Genuine spare parts." At that point the X sign takes over from the + when deciding a price.
    Early Holden auto transmissions were made by Borg Warner and all electrics by Bosch. Shockies were probably Monroe and brakes by Ferodo and the Froggies are just the same.
    It's common knowledge that replacement rings for Toyota were made in India, maybe still are.
    You would find that there would be more than one supplier for parts for any brand of certain components and about the only advantage of buying in the makers box would be that it would be faie to imagine that as manufacturers really don't give a stuff about price ("We're in the car selling business, got no interest in repairing!!") they wouldn't opt for the cheapest product; they'd expect some standard of quality assurance, but having said that, there's no guarantee that the parts you are looking at aren't exactly the same as the ones in the manufacturers box.
    Most switched on parts guys can tell you whether or not this is the case as well as a bit of a run down on comparable quality.
    Tie rod ends aren't all that big a deal to change and for my money, I'd take the risk after first trying to pry a bit more info from the parts seller.

    Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts Luca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    im still trying to figure out what your snyde smarta**e imature comments have to do with my original question .
    mate try www,bitch.com if you want to leave rude irrelevant bull***t on peoples threads.
    im genually trying to find out info here.
    and what in the hell does 'winning awards' do but bolster your ego and prove yet again luca that you are deluding yourself.
    so its all got to do with buying genuine parts and winning awards to prove you love your car more than the next guy.
    thanks for the info .but please in future keep your smart answers for the others at kinda
    BAZZ
    Bazz chill out dude.... It's not personal.

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Bazz chill out dude.... It's not personal.
    fair enough mate ,dont make it personal and ill not take it personally.
    i was a bit miffed by some of your comments that really had nothing to do with my questions .
    i could not see any positive reason for you applying your comments other than having nothing of consequence to say and wanting to say it anyway.
    if you meant them tounge in cheek fair enough,but it did seem more passive/aggresive than jovial
    i dont mind a little humor .god knows we could all use more.
    i did get a bit pissed off and maybe i shouldnt have
    for that i apoligise.
    keep it on the subject and to the relevant point we will get along fine-
    peace ya ba**ard-BAZZ

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Apart from body panels and major mechanicals, I don't know what else car makers manufacture apart from boxes to put parts in they then mark as "Genuine spare parts." At that point the X sign takes over from the + when deciding a price.
    Early Holden auto transmissions were made by Borg Warner and all electrics by Bosch. Shockies were probably Monroe and brakes by Ferodo and the Froggies are just the same.
    It's common knowledge that replacement rings for Toyota were made in India, maybe still are.
    You would find that there would be more than one supplier for parts for any brand of certain components and about the only advantage of buying in the makers box would be that it would be faie to imagine that as manufacturers really don't give a stuff about price ("We're in the car selling business, got no interest in repairing!!") they wouldn't opt for the cheapest product; they'd expect some standard of quality assurance, but having said that, there's no guarantee that the parts you are looking at aren't exactly the same as the ones in the manufacturers box.
    Most switched on parts guys can tell you whether or not this is the case as well as a bit of a run down on comparable quality.
    Tie rod ends aren't all that big a deal to change and for my money, I'd take the risk after first trying to pry a bit more info from the parts seller.

    Alan S
    thanks mate some good advice there.
    i was getting new shocks today and opened another can of worms ,
    peugeot says they make their own shockers in house.
    other people say that alinquant sachs makes them.
    i have found out that peugeot have bought out alinquant sachs company.
    so both could be true.but they originally had peugeot in house made shocks.
    apparently peugeot and jaguar are the only car companys to make in house shocks.
    other companys get shocker manufacturers to make it to their specs.
    however there is [oe] original replacement parts.and you can get gas or oil shockers.
    my car originally came with oil shockers.
    how can they call the gas shocker an [oe] when they were never put on the cars originally.
    its all marketing really but i bet some people will get caught out buying gas shocks when they really want the oil ones and not realise it.
    the' parts guy' said they were [oe]will be the catchcry of the duped.
    so check em before ya buy em -BAZZ
    v

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts Luca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    kids

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •