bang for buck tyres
  • Register
  • Help

Default bang for buck tyres

hi

I need some tyres later this year, so im going to start saving now, just want to know & get good advice on it. Anyway these are my requirements!

Rubber to fit 16X7" rims, something which barely puts the speedo out is a must! what measurement would this be??

Im going to have to sacrifice good grippy tyres & all them fun factors for something that goes the distance, but still want something which gives as much grip as possible! being the tight-ass student that i am i can spend a max $150 per tyre!

Advertisement

i got falken azenis st115, they are ok for what they are i suppose, just way too soft imho!

anyway any help would be good thanks

asanka-out

1000+ Posts

I can't fault Toyo Trampio Gu:wn TPG.

They're available in 205/45R16 which is what you'd need yes? They suit 7" wide rims. The speedo would be *almost* correct - 195/55R15 is 553 revs per km, 205/45R16 is 556 revs per km.

Price should be good. I still have *no* idea where the name comes from.
    http://www.toyo.com.au/PCRPDFs/TPG.pdf

Derek.

What kind of driving do you do, Asanka? Using your racial profile, I'd assume you drive like a big girl's blouse and want a tyre that makes noise and lass 100,000kms?

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    What kind of driving do you do, Asanka? Using your racial profile, I'd assume you drive like a big girl's blouse and want a tyre that makes noise and lass 100,000kms?
    Yeah, look im really not fussed if the tyre is 'loud', i got bad earing anyway.

I do alot of city driving, but then again go off road a bit too sometimes & do like going for long drives, but easily 70% of the driving i do is inner city/outer surburb stuff!

And yeah look i do drive like a pansy with pink bow ties attached to my side mirrors, but i do like to give me slow slug a bit of stick time to time! As i said something which will go the distance is what im after, however im not after some crappy rock tyres like a michelin certis for example !

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    ... i do like to give me slow slug a bit of stick time to time!
    Having witnessed your Sennaesque driving moves first hand, I think a set of Michelin Certis's would provide more than adequate grip levels for you Asanka...
    Last edited by mistareno; 15th August 2004 at 08:20 PM.

I got a set of Falken Azenis for Adrians BX last week. They were left overs from a recent promo; can you believe, we got them for $95 a pop fitted.
    I found them to be a great tyre on the BX. I fitted a set on a BX I had a few years back and did about 20K klms on them before I sold the car and the car was advertised for sale a while back and according to the owner, same set is still on and done a further 60K klms and still would pass a RWC.
    After putting up with those bloody raucus Michies for a couple of years, it's transformed his car.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    Yeah, look im really not fussed if the tyre is 'loud', i got bad earing anyway.

I do alot of city driving, but then again go off road a bit too sometimes & do like going for long drives, but easily 70% of the driving i do is inner city/outer surburb stuff!

And yeah look i do drive like a pansy with pink bow ties attached to my side mirrors, but i do like to give me slow slug a bit of stick time to time! As i said something which will go the distance is what im after, however im not after some crappy rock tyres like a michelin certis for example !
    I'm a huge fan of the Sumitomo HTRZ II. They're very quiet, wear well, and handle increidbly. I have them on my parent's Subaru and just replaced a set with another, that's how happy we were with them. $160 or so for 205/60R16...or whaterver the Liberty sizing is.

Alternatively, the Dunlop LM702 would fit your needs and should be quite cheap too. Derek's Toyos are a nice bet too, from the sound of it.

thanks linc, yeah i like the sound of the Sumitomo HTRZ II & the Toyo Trampio Gu:wn TPG(crazy name)!

i'll do my reasearch & get a set soon!! can't wait!!

Thanks everyone

Thread Information